[Event] Ride 4 Burry

Wyatt Earp

Don't forget to bring your climbing legs. Will be a very slow ride to the top and it shouldn't take more then an hour to get to the memorial cross. The ride back down shouldn't take longer then 30 minutes at most. Hope to see plenty supporters and we should do this every year, we must never forget a legend! Bring helmets, lights, bling, tricycles, unicycles, rusty old bikes, etc. Just be there :)

Looks like there will be a ride on the 6th of Jan in Balito:

Thanks to @coachruss1 for donating a bike we will be putting up a ghost bike 6Jan in Balito. 17:30 just outside holla trails.

Don't know of any being organized elsewhere, if you know of any, post them here.

Thanks for all the hard work Nathrix.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see a fair number of people turn out for the Groenkloof ride. Marshaling was great. The gradient hurt in places going to Klapperkop, the downhill on the way back was brilliant though; despite one or two people meeting the tar.

Thanks to all concerned with the arrangements

PTA ride had a good turnout. Pity on the way back some riders thought going down Rigel was n race. Just as Rigel becomes queen Wilhelmina some tosser decides it's an awesome idea to pass everyone in the oncoming traffic lane while cars are coming.

You my friend. You are not clever and nor did it win you any popularity.

Great job by the road rangers. These guys do an awesome job. Wish I had them on all my training rides.

PTA ride had a good turnout. Pity on the way back some riders thought going down Rigel was n race. Just as Rigel becomes queen Wilhelmina some tosser decides it's an awesome idea to pass everyone in the oncoming traffic lane while cars are coming.

You my friend. You are not clever and nor did it win you any popularity.

Great job by the road rangers. These guys do an awesome job. Wish I had them on all my training rides.

Wasn't gonna mention it but that was really so stupid and dangerous . And it wasn't just one , a few tried to turn it into some sort of race :thumbdown: . Turnout was good .

Problem was the pace imo. Much too fast for what was supposed to be a 'ride'. The Rangers had their hands full keeping the long string of riders safe...

Did enjoy most of it though. Thanks and big up to the organizers and the Road Rangers. :clap:

Hi all,

Nice ride, great work by the organisers and a splendid coordination by the marshals.

But I noticed I was the only black dude (and a foreigner) there! lol (just for laughs pls).

Thanks and have a great week.

Jide (Jay10)

post-50569-0-96762900-1388993610_thumb.jpg

post-50569-0-75843200-1388993614_thumb.jpg

post-50569-0-87622800-1388993618_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jay10

Problem was the pace imo. Much too fast for what was supposed to be a 'ride'. The Rangers had their hands full keeping the long string of riders safe...

Did enjoy most of it though. Thanks and big up to the organizers and the Road Rangers. :clap:

The pace was to be slow and that was the intention all along, however you will find on these rides that there is a show off or two perhaps even more that come on these rides and can't leave their ego at home.

These are the guys that make life difficult for everyone else and they are difficult to control.

Turnout was good. Many riders started fast and blew half way up Klapperkop :ph34r:

Road Rangers https://twitter.com/SafetyMarshals did a great job, considering all the race snakes that was there.

Maniyak Cycles & Adventures had a support vehicle there and helped with the speech, you will also find same pics on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Maniyakcycles

Too many photo's to post here, rather brows through @bicyclesafetysa https://twitter.com/bicyclesafetysa You will see mentions of all the other memorial rides as well.

Here's a nice vimeo made by Jaco Moulder who was at the Fort Klapperkop ride http://vimeo.com/83419910

Will do this every year on the 3rd in memory of all the cyclists we have lost on our roads.

post-4329-0-50419100-1388993581_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-00003500-1388993596_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-93879900-1388993607_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-95159200-1388993622_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Nice ride, great work by the organisers and a splendid coordination by the marshals.

But I noticed I was the only black dude (and a foreigner) there! lol (just for laughs pls).

Thanks and have a great week.

Jide (Jay10)

NO you where the only black dude on a bike . :thumbup:

Hi all,

But I noticed I was the only black dude (and a foreigner) there!

Jide (Jay10)

Dude you look seriously lost in that pic :D

The pace was to be slow and that was the intention all along, however you will find on these rides that there is a show off or two perhaps even more that come on these rides and can't leave their ego at home.

These are the guys that make life difficult for everyone else and they are difficult to control.

We've learnt from Critical Mass that these are the guys you put a bib on and give a whistle. The are then in their element, racing from the back of the pack to the front, to stop in an intersection and wait for everyone, then race forwards again :)

A prosperous new year to all! I would have really liked to be part of this ride but I was away for the Christmas break and missed the event by a day.

Would it be possible / viable to consider a second memorial ride for later in January when other vacationing hubbers and Burry fans have returned - perhaps for an early Sunday morning when most of us will be on the bikes in anyway?

Have a great year and ride fun!