Spruit Spade work

Mileage

Just an update on the manhole covers.

It has now turned into a bun fight between City Parks, Joburg Water and Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) with no-one accepting responsibility.

I noticed that nothing has yet been done.

The big sewerage spill up to Alberts has been reported - this should be fixed soon though. Cant shift blame on that one.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll now see that one part of the Alberts bridge was destroyed on Saturday Afternoon by some ***** who thought they could burn the reeds that had been pushed up against the bridge from the recent flooding/rains.

We met there yesterday afternoon and will be modifying both the run up to the bridge which is extremely muddy and then the actual bridge itself.

Work will probably happen over the next couple of weekends.

post-858-0-83938900-1392620822_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-16349900-1392620845_thumb.jpg

You'll now see that one part of the Alberts bridge was destroyed on Saturday Afternoon by some ***** who thought they could burn the reeds that had been pushed up against the bridge from the recent flooding/rains.

We met there yesterday afternoon and will be modifying both the run up to the bridge which is extremely muddy and then the actual bridge itself.

Work will probably happen over the next couple of weekends.

post-858-0-83938900-1392620822_thumb.jpg

post-858-0-16349900-1392620845_thumb.jpg

Let us know when you need some extra hands

There are some people out near Alberts that make it a habit to go full retard.

Last winter, I'm sure some of you will have seen that one of these oxygen thieves left two puppies out in the cold to die. It was deliberate and intentional, and if I ever found out who it was, you lads would have their cold, hard bodies to use for your next launch pads.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been out on the river since last Thursday, when it was just a 'little' slippery. Anyone been out this week? Do you need flippers and a wetsuit?

Haven't been out on the river since last Thursday, when it was just a 'little' slippery. Anyone been out this week? Do you need flippers and a wetsuit?

Or a boat....

The Spruit fairy has put a wooden bridge at that dodgy section at the Rustenberg Road underpass! As for the rest, pretty bleak I'm afraid.

Going out later. Will let you know.

The bridge at Alberts will be rebuilt. A longer and straighter version is planned and work should commence in the next couple of weeks.

I think once this rain pisses off we need to find a few Sat/Sun afternoons to sort out the jump. berms etc to make it cool for winter. I thnk the Byron and Bunderberg lines have taken a beaten with the rain.

I should be able to use a shovel again from next Tuesday!!

Was a very muddy but fun ride.

Was out there this morning after another night of rain. I wouldn't dare take a geared bike through that. I spent most of my time standing and powering even on flat ground. More of the bank has fallen down over the wooden bridge going under Rustenburg. There is a tree over the trail 200m from Fratelli and another tree down in the Emmerenti tree line just as you ride down the bank adjacent to the fields.

Did a ride below PnP on Sunday. Not pleasant at all with all the mud.