Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweets about blue skies in Cape Town. Let's hope it clears up so we can see some racing without all these technical issues

Does anyone know if Songo are having bike trouble or if it is leg trouble..

I was also wondering

I was thinking they're taking it "easy" cause of the wet and they do not want technicals, but that doesn't really make sense.

seems like my wife and partner is just cruising a long, do glad she had plenty races in the last few months in conditions like this , like the Pioneer recently.

Tweets about blue skies in Cape Town. Let's hope it clears up so we can see some racing without all these technical issues

Yes and no, the technical issues make it exciting. The pro's never learn with their poor choice of tyres, look at Bulls, they ride with stock Schawlbe Evo tyres, and how often do you hear of Bulls having severe tyre issues?

I was also wondering

I was thinking they're taking it "easy" cause of the wet and they do not want technicals, but that doesn't really make sense.

Last i hear they had lost 6min... doubt they are taking it that easy.. perhaps they are feeling the massive effort they had to put in yesterday?

Yes and no, the technical issues make it exciting. The pro's never learn with their poor choice of tyres, look at Bulls, they ride with stock Schawlbe Evo tyres, and how often do you hear of Bulls having severe tyre issues?

Indeed.. I agree.. it makes it more interesting for us.. maybe they will disagree :whistling:

I really enjoy the adverse conditions. Look how awesome MSR was last year and this year with terrible weather. Would love another 5 days of solid rain. Would be the equivalent of a windy sub 3 argus :P

I keep on thinking of average Joe.. ai shame.. i can almost with most certainly say.. I would've lost my sense of humour by now. ( I am very honest about my shortcomings )

Very true. I really don't get the super light tyre choice. Why not choose normal maxxis ikon tyres.

It's not like the pro's can't handle a bit of extra grams

Very true. I really don't get the super light tyre choice. Why not choose normal maxxis ikon tyres.

It's not like the pro's can't handle a bit of extra grams

Ikons'??? Kevin Evans would've had a epic behind his name if it wasnt for Maxxis Ikons'