Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

Does anybody know when the Prologue starting times will be available? I want to tighten up on my count down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Essential - riding kit... don't think it is that practical to get kit washed overnight and expect it to be actually clean... just clean enough to pack away - there are not guarantees on having it back the next day, but they have never missed for me - just not always completely dry.

Essential

Sheet

Sleeping bag

Rain suit

Some tools/pump/shock pump/lube/spare bombs/sealant/spares

1 set warm kit for overnight

Post ride kit - at least 2 sets of shorts and shirts

Ride kit - and I always pack 2 sets of wet weather gear, in case of 2 days of back to back wet weather - 3 days and life will be interesting...

Sunblock

Kindle

Backup battery to charge stuff (10 000mah) and charging cables for everything (including 2 - 3 pin adapter)

Saline eye drops in small single use containers

Bum cream

Hat for post ride

Ride nutrition - pre-packed in bags

Does anybody know when the Prologue starting times will be available? I want to tighten up on my count down.������

In answer to my own question. Starting times for the prologue will be on the site on Tuesday 11 March.

(I wore out a new rear Racing Ralph in 2013 on the Epic)

Yours lasted long!

I replaced my rear Racing Ralph after stage 4, forked, which I put on brand new the day before the prologue!

:w00t:

8:05, nice early start. It suddenly starts to feel very real. Now to keep healthy and get through the last week and a bit at wok.

8:05, nice early start. It suddenly starts to feel very real. Now to keep healthy and get through the last week and a bit at wok.

we are off at 0802, no 177. Wearing Dion Wired kit. All the best for the last stretch! Hope I don't hold you up on the technical stuff

Me and the Mrs are going at 7:41. Hope not to get held up on the techy stuff and downhills as that is the only place we can go fast. Might hold up the racing snakes on the uphills though :devil:

Me and the Mrs are going at 7:41. Hope not to get held up on the techy stuff and downhills as that is the only place we can go fast. Might hold up the racing snakes on the uphills though :devil:

We will be right behind you. 7:45!!

I am not a rider but would like to see the starting times for all the teams. Where can I look

AND... the Epic organisers have made the bag MUCH smaller than last year - now its oficcially 80l and if you multiply out the bag dimensions - 65l - so about half of last years and even less than 2012...

Going to be a mission to fit everything in that dinky toy bag with a sleeping bag and pillow.

Personally I think its an Epic fail on the part of the organisers to make it that size - really complicates what you take - and yes - I told them so in an email - just they have not replied yet.....

That's why the smart money chats to guys like me who travel with a truck and trailer, the 65l bag becomes an overnight bag for your cosmetics. The stuff you may or may not need but don't want to risk not having travels with me and is stored for when you want it.