[Event] Tour De PPA - 19/01/14

T-Bob

what was the gravel start shoute about? :cursing:

started in C bunch with about another 12 other riders, surely we should have been let off with the AB group!?

ride only really started when the break away CAT3 riders caught us!

Babse, yeah, wtf

I missed the B bunch start, waiting behind Cat 3 in the 'chutes'.

Decide to peek and rather see what's cooking.

B is GONE in a A-C merger.

Joined a downsized C with about a dozen dudes, alongside Babse, and then the race unfolded from there.

What a beautiful course.

Thank you, weather gods, for relatively easier conditions - heat and wind.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre start today - No count down, no get ready. I was in G-J group (did the 70) and the we got herded together and with a 'come forward guys' we all walked over the mat to what we thought was the countdown area. Only when I saw a few of the guys riding off up the road did everyone click that the race had started! Pretty poor instruction and a lot of confusion ensued.

Got shelled out the back on Vissers' and then spent the next 60kms chasing the bunch with a really sound guy from City with a blue Planet X ride. Good training being out there for so long without a bunch and really enjoyed it in a weird, painful and hot way. ;)

Bizarre start today - No count down, no get ready. I was in G-J group (did the 70) and the we got herded together and with a 'come forward guys' we all walked over the mat to what we thought was the countdown area. Only when I saw a few of the guys riding off up the road did everyone click that the race had started! Pretty poor instruction and a lot of confusion ensued.

Got shelled out the back on Vissers' and then spent the next 60kms chasing the bunch with a really sound guy from City with a blue Planet X ride. Good training being out there for so long without a bunch and really enjoyed it in a weird, painful and hot way. ;)

That was Graham Ward, head of the WPCA, great oke!

That was Graham Ward, head of the WPCA, great oke!

Cheers for that. At 1 point there were 3 of us, all doing pulls, swinging off and next one coming through for about 30kms then it was pretty much me and him. Great effort and stylish rider. If I have to spend another race trying to catch a bunch again I hope he's about!

Edited by hellocolour

Nice ride, you pulled me back to the group a few times :) Very strong, you should be in A/B.

You were in the breakaway? Did you win the group?

I was riding with my mate in the other savage kit, normally ride in a/b, like riding with mates.

Was in break and was just over the line first at end, other guys were really strong.

Yes, somewhat of a bizarre start. We rode out of the starting chute and thought the start was further up the road because there was no countdown or any indication that the race have actually started. Was no real big deal, but still strange.

It was the second Sunday in a row that the weather gods were VERY kind. The route was super and I really enjoyed taking turns with my two boys along the nice smooth flattish parts. They're starting to work together nicely now. :thumbup: At one stage the three of us we were happily pulling about 15 lazy guys and girls along.

Just want to put a big THANK YOU message up in the hope that the guy in the yellow kit who gave me R50 at number collection to swop numbers reads this (I am "Clark no E, reseeding from T to P). I have been working my booty off all season and was finally reseeded into P but stupidly arrived today with no cash. Without your kind gesture I would have languished alone (again) at the back for 110kms, but instead an an awesome race with a great group who worked well together, and have good banter :-) It all came together for me today and if you won't accept my returning your R50 somehow, please just know that you were responsible for me having my best and happiest bike race yet!!!

Just want to put a big THANK YOU message up in the hope that the guy in the yellow kit who gave me R50 at number collection to swop numbers reads this (I am "Clark no E, reseeding from T to P). I have been working my booty off all season and was finally reseeded into P but stupidly arrived today with no cash. Without your kind gesture I would have languished alone (again) at the back for 110kms, but instead an an awesome race with a great group who worked well together, and have good banter :-) It all came together for me today and if you won't accept my returning your R50 somehow, please just know that you were responsible for me having my best and happiest bike race yet!!!

There are many good people out there! :thumbup: :clap:

Edited by DJR

Babse, yeah, wtf

I missed the B bunch start, waiting behind Cat 3 in the 'chutes'.

Decide to peek and rather see what's cooking.

B is GONE in a A-C merger.

Joined a downsized C with about a dozen dudes, alongside Babse, and then the race unfolded from there.

What a beautiful course.

Thank you, weather gods, for relatively easier conditions - heat and wind.

The start was a joke, half the group was on the tar, half the group in sand and had to run to get onto the tar! Should have had mats at the top of that piece of tar.

Racetec up but no results as yet.... oh hold on... Results up.

Bwahhhh... nothing like the 70km to make you feel good. Get shelled out the bunch on the 1st climb and still manage to make top 20! Gold.

Edited by hellocolour