Argus MTB

FCH

I really want the special medal you get for completing both the 55km mtb and the Cape Argus road race the following week. But that 55km looks incredibly tough, also dont want to injure myself before the big race.

Just take it easy then? Also , you are riding a camber so the single track will be even more FUN!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feeling about this. I fully agree that last years route was crap. I've done 10 MTB Cahllenges, last year when I enquired about a number, as per the Argus, they said you get nothing, so there is no carrot for completing 10. Will think about it, maybe it is good to move it to new venue, they had it at Boschendal for 10 years, so maybe a change is good.

I really want the special medal you get for completing both the 55km mtb and the Cape Argus road race the following week. But that 55km looks incredibly tough, also dont want to injure myself before the big race.

Lots of people do it......just take it easy the week in between and enjoy

Although that mtb race is always sweltering

I was contemplating avoiding this race this year. Cannot stomach another one like the previous two years on a farm that has zero single track.

I might be interested again though. this is a nice warm up for the argus the following weekend.

http://www.mtbchallenge.co.za/routes/

Edited by Surv0MTB

Was amped to do the Sunday 38km but I was just informed that one of my good mates bachelors would be on the 1st. Don't think it will be a good idea to do a race the next day. Have to be happy to join my girlfriend on the 14km funride the Saturday morning!

thought about it, looked at the price, and figured to leave it. the ride itself is not to expensive, it is just with limited budget, one has to choose ones races more carefully.

Does anybody have info on when they will actually start accepting entries- the site only says, online entries open January 2014... Well its January 2014....

Also the info email address doesn't work, so no joy getting a answer.

I asked them on Facebook, they open 1 Feb.

Oh wait, it's open!!!

Edited by Super Sywurm

I see its a new venue . Hope they manage to come up with a more interesting route as well.

Will probably skip this year though, done enough zig-zagging through the same vineyards the last 2 years.

Haha, well can't really be less interesting can it?..

Just entered. Looking forward to the new route. Hopefully not too many bottlenecks at the single tracks.

Anybody have a profile of the 55km route? See it's not on their website.

What distance you doing?