Morningside Cycles - damaged my fork, didn't fix, won't call back

pierre-

Rear shock service labour = R200

Rear shock service kit for Rockshox Monarch = R399

Fork service labour = R350

Fork service kit for RS Revelation = R450

Total = R1399 (parts + labour)

The thing that impresses me most: When I dropped the bike off, Dylan had a look at the rear shock and his initial assessment was that it needed to be rebuilt (which is more ZARs for labour). When I picked the bike up, Dylan told me that when he opened up the rear shock, he realised that a full rebuild was not necessary and he just replaced the seals and o-rings, and charged me the lower labour price. He could have ripped me the extra R150 and I would never have known. Chuffed :thumbup: . This dude will see my business again and again because of that.

He also gave me the unused parts of the service kit (a bunch of o-rings and spare seals) to keep for next time, as well as showing me all the parts he replaced.

Why don't we have those type of bike shops in Durban????

Those prices is VERY reasonable!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we have those type of bike shops in Durban????

You do, Good2Go in Pinetown - Speak to Mark or Jason. Best in town :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Pierre, I used to migrate from one shop to another because of unsatisfactory service (Morningside was one of them). Then I found Summit Cycles in Midrand. I have used them for about three years now, and I have never been disappointed. Give them a try.

I would rather sit at the Gautrain station for 3 hours than go there.

@ Caerus where about in Pinetown is this recently started working in the area and need a LBS close to work !

Why don't we have those type of bike shops in Cape Town????

No pressure..

Why don't we have those type of bike shops in Cape Town????

No pressure..

You tell me, I'm the noobie in town :huh: I've found the guys at Stoke Suspension are just as good, and great guys to boot :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

Ya, I wouldn't recommend MC to anyone. Luckily I never took my bike there, but I bought a pair of Giordana bibs there when I started MTB (at what I thought was a reasonable price). Ended up wanting to exchange them for one size bigger and phoned up the shop. At around my 5th call they answered and said it would be fine to exchange. Then when I got into the shop, the guy I spoke to was gone for the week, and his buddy told me that they were actually out of stock and they will have to order new sizes. Forward two weeks of waiting, I had to phone them again to check in on what's going on. So he told me they have it in stock and I need to come in. When I got there and he wanted to do the swop, it became apparent that they made a pricing error and they now wanted me to cover the R1300 difference. Nuts! I had to go back twice to argue with them and eventually got so tired of the whole story that we agreed to a discounted price. If your going to run a business, at least know how to price your stock. And at least also know that you can't blame the customer for your own internal errors.

Ya, I wouldn't recommend MC to anyone. Luckily I never took my bike there, but I bought a pair of Giordana bibs there when I started MTB (at what I thought was a reasonable price). Ended up wanting to exchange them for one size bigger and phoned up the shop. At around my 5th call they answered and said it would be fine to exchange. Then when I got into the shop, the guy I spoke to was gone for the week, and his buddy told me that they were actually out of stock and they will have to order new sizes. Forward two weeks of waiting, I had to phone them again to check in on what's going on. So he told me they have it in stock and I need to come in. When I got there and he wanted to do the swop, it became apparent that they made a pricing error and they now wanted me to cover the R1300 difference. Nuts! I had to go back twice to argue with them and eventually got so tired of the whole story that we agreed to a discounted price. If your going to run a business, at least know how to price your stock. And at least also know that you can't blame the customer for your own internal errors.

Been in hibernation much??

I am more shocked that a shop would take back a pair of bibs. Stay clear guys! Someone elses used bibs is worse than double dipping after stage 5 at the Epic...