The Hub SA - What has it become, and where is it going?

Caerus

I agree.

I get irritated when I read through most threads of late.

I then stop for a second go into the international cycling thread and read a bit and exit thehub.

(And the classifieds a bit)

After a while you know which ass clowns' threads to ignor and then its all peachy.

But each to their own.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOS,.. nothing has changed.... day i signed up dangle ,TNT and BigH were having a raaawt ........... its all ive known :) :lol:

Signed up for spme bike knowl;edge and classified deals.....

know abit more about bikes now and have got a few deals.... so not too bad..

Hand bag swinging is just the CHERRY :thumbup: :w00t:

Sad reality is this, wherever you go or are, there will be the troublemakers and the people with lack of perspective or whatever, it not just the hub. Ones just gotto deal with this, as far as i am concerned, when somebody is looking for conflict the best defence is to ignore them, their attention span is anyway so short they wont keep interest for too long. I really enjoy the hub, get a lot of information here, i just dont allow idiots to wind me up.

Lekker dag!

Hey Hubsters, although I agree completely with above statements, there are still a few good ones (threads) left. It is all about ATTITUDE....not the monkey-double-ply-whipe stuff.

Some hubbers can still call it and have some fun.....link:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/135121-tubeless-de-rimming-how-to-fix-on-trail/page__fromsearch__1

Now spread the word....

Edited by BarHugger

The so-called keyboard warrior phenomenon is everywhere - from cyclingnews to news24 and so on.

I like what Cippo' wrote - it is a reflection of broader society.

Ironically, I would expect cyclists (the target group for the HubSA) to be chilled and mellow as most of us love to ride our bikes.

Hmmmm...

It is possible that this thread might lead to another fight or few as some users are more responsible for the drama than others; this will inevitable be pointed out somehow.

my 10 billion ZIm$ - it is what it is!

It's not a microcosm of our society. Like cycling events, 99+% umlunghus, but so what, even though it ain't right, it's stopped bothering me and doesn't keep me participating in events or following the sport. My avatar speaks for itself, any racist or sexist talk is going to get my intervention, and its not about being PC, its just plain poison, it should not be tolerated on any level.

We all have a passion for cycling and a love for the country in varying degrees, live and let live (besides offensive views)

Edited by kosmonooit

It's not a microcosm of our society. Like cycling events, 99+% umlunghus, but so what, even though my avatar speaks for itself, we all have a passion for cycling and a love for the country in varying degrees.

defluffed.

Care to explain your statement without the obfuscations?

Edited by agteros

It's not a microcosm of our society. Like cycling events, 99+% umlunghus, but so what, even though it ain't right, it's stopped bothering me and doesn't keep me participating in events or following the sport. My avatar speaks for itself, any racist or sexist talk is going to get my intervention, and its not about being PC, its just plain poison, it should not be tolerated on any level.

We all have a passion for cycling and a love for the country in varying degrees, live and let live (besides offensive views)

defluffed.

reporting - misspelling of a hate speech term. Intent is clearly to offend

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=umlungu

umlungu

White person. Used in Southern Africa by Black people. Contemptuous and offensive.

I'm speaking Zulu under my breath so this stupid umlungu doesn't realise that I'm insulting him, while pretending to help him. By the time he finds out that I've ripped him off, I'll be long gone.

Why is it such a white sport? Is there something wrong? I would feel more comfortable if we had more representations or the other people of the land, it bothers me. Sure there are a few reasons for that, but think of all the talent out there that is going wasted.

Don't mean to start a bunfight, but lets say it as it is.

reporting - misspelling of a hate speech term. Intent is clearly to offend

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=umlungu

umlungu

White person. Used in Southern Africa by Black people. Contemptuous and offensive.

I'm speaking Zulu under my breath so this stupid umlungu doesn't realise that I'm insulting him, while pretending to help him. By the time he finds out that I've ripped him off, I'll be long gone.

Ag agteros chill out. Its okay for white people to call them selves such, like black people call themselve the N word. Its tongue-in-cheek.

I would also challenge that its always used as offensive. Its been used as a term for white people for yonks, and often used light heartedly. There was no intention to offend, perhaps you are too touchy, or don't like my line.

Edited by kosmonooit

Why is it such a white sport? Is there something wrong? I would feel more comfortable if we had more representations or the other people of the land, it bothers me. Sure there are a few reasons for that, but think of all the talent out there that is going wasted.

Don't mean to start a bunfight, but lets say it as it is.

explain your choice of offensive wording. I do not care to debate the semantics of things with somebody using hateful, hurtful terms and who are clearly out to offend. Your attempt at an argument is just that: an attempt. I dare say it to be a pretty late and lame attempt to divert attention from your hate speech

Ag agteros chill out. Its okay for white people to call them selves such, like black people call themselve the N word. Its tong-in-cheek.

I would also challenge that its always used as offensive. Its been used as a term for white people for yonks, and often used light heartedly. There was no intention to offend, perhaps you are too touchy, or don't like my line.

I have you pegged as a person of colour, not caucasian, so irrespective of platitudes your U word is as offensive to some as the K or N word is to others

I have you pegged as a person of colour, not caucasian, so irrespective of platitudes your U word is as offensive to some as the K or N word is to others

100% wrong, you are taking this the wrong way. I get called that word just about everyday in my 'hood, so I reserve the right to use it lightly.