illegal riders on our Trails-Avainto

Richard Beswick

A numbered/barcoded sticker to go on your seat stem which can be scanned by the trail staff at any given time.

These are inexpensive and can easily be replaced.It also carries no mass.

The barcode idea gets my vote. Its not something like a board that I have to attach to my bike thats an inconvenience for the rider.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A numbered/barcoded sticker to go on your seat stem which can be scanned by the trail staff at any given time.

bar codes are the way to go!

You can easily do 30km plus at Giba without riding the same singletrack twice. Best value for money for the quality of trails at R840.

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard

Have you noticed an improvement after you posted this tread and have you made any progress regarding the yearly passes with barcodes for your clients?

Yes we have, i stop a lot of people when i am out on the trails and recently have yet to catch someone without a valid band.

We are opening the trails this weekend with the new Tracker signage and new trails being finished as we speak. We will also launch the multi visit cards in the next week. our annual membership will take another 2 weeks as we are negotiating value adds, such as vouchers for food and drinks at avianto, Trapper vouchers and possibly some partner products.

• 2 weeks later...

Trails are up to 22km as on this weekend thanks to Tracker RideFree. A great new section into Syringa Spa has been added, with some building sections and more river singletrack.

Annual memberships will be available from 1st June 2014. It will run from June to June. At the moment the price is set for R700 and will be a limited offering, It will include R350 worth of Avianto food and drink vouchers and 500mb of data per day at Avianto, so i you want to catch up on some admin after a ride.

We are still working on a few more value adds.

Tracker is also providing medics every Sunday from 7am-1pm as well as a free bike wash and hydration station.

Drinks and food at the clubhouse are also coming down in price so colddrinks will be R12 for a 340ml

Trails are up to 22km as on this weekend thanks to Tracker RideFree. A great new section into Syringa Spa has been added, with some building sections and more river singletrack.

Annual memberships will be available from 1st June 2014. It will run from June to June. At the moment the price is set for R700 and will be a limited offering, It will include R350 worth of Avianto food and drink vouchers and 500mb of data per day at Avianto, so i you want to catch up on some admin after a ride.

Tracker is also providing medics every Sunday from 7am-1pm as well as a free bike wash and hydration station.

Drinks and food at the clubhouse are also coming down in price so colddrinks will be R12 for a 340ml

So cool! Thanks!

You never thought this one through.

The problem is the staff are not there when the trails open, so who is going to scan the riders?

A slight slant to the topic - Not sure what the clever guys with GPS say , but it feels as if Avianto and Heia Safari are right next to each other .

That sounds like an awesome deal great value adds there !

Well done on rolling this out and wish you all the best!.

In Durban we have an EMBA board ( Ethekwini Mountain BIke Association ) allows us access into all sugar cane trails near La Mercy, Tongaat, Mount Moreland, Umhlanga. We get updates via email about riding times if events are happening in the area. Most riders abide by the rules and know that no Board equals no ride. Temp boards are done and well as Day boards.

You never thought this one through.

The problem is the staff are not there when the trails open, so who is going to scan the riders?

We have a 24hr reception, so no excuse not to pay. 500m ride from the trail head to reception, think of it as a warm-up.