Best App for cyclists in SA

TheTijn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, the Endomondo live tracking map seems to have gone - or at least I can't find it. Ended up ditching Endo as a option for live tracking. Maybe they just hid the map!

My son logs on with his username on his phone & starts Endo, I then log on with the same login details on my pc or phone, click on training, and there is the live tracking, used it this weekend at the USN race. It updates every minute or so, I think if you get premium you can set the update interval to less if needed.

Sretah lliw etah

dna yeht od! I ma MOK gnicahc worromot (:

This is some weird taal.

Ping CatGirl, pls translate...

Ek verstaan nie

The downside of strava,

I just tried to get a personal best on a big hill near the house, Ebotse Drag,

Pedalled my gat off, came 70 something out of 200.

I thought to myself "thats not too bad, maybe i can try harder and move up the leaderboard" till i saw who has the number 2 spot.

Mr Froome himself.

Bang goes that plan.

Who is number 1.. His ego must be about to explode

If you're new to cycling and to the hub...maybe APPly your arse to the saddle and APPly your feet to the pedals.And maybe APPly a spare set of eyes to the back of your head.

Get out and ride your bike.

But then I guess I'm just old-fashioned :)

Recently, the Endomondo live tracking map seems to have gone - or at least I can't find it. Ended up ditching Endo as a option for live tracking. Maybe they just hid the map!

My son logs on with his username on his phone & starts Endo, I then log on with the same login details on my pc or phone, click on training, and there is the live tracking, used it this weekend at the USN race. It updates every minute or so, I think if you get premium you can set the update interval to less if needed.

I have just tested watchers above mentioned method, seems to work. But I have a question watcher, to check the live tracking must the other person login to the webpage or can the other person use the app on their phone to track you?

Edited by Gandalf

How do you load a strava ride onto endomondo?

Good question, I had a quick look now. If you login to the web page, check just left of your profile picture where it says "new workout" select that and you will have the option to import the file(last option)

I have just tested watchers above mentioned method, seems to work. But I have a question watcher, to check the live tracking must the other person login to the webpage or can the other person use the app on their phone to track you?

Does it show a map or text updates on distance and speed?

Used to be a map on their main web page which seems to have gone. I think the text updates are still there though.

Edited by walkerr

Does it show a map or text updates on distance and speed?

Used to be a map on their main web page which seems to have gone. I think the text updates are still there though.

I just started the normal tracking on my phone, then logged in to the web page. There is a map. I did not go for a ride to see how the tracking works, but it did show my location on the map, so i assumed that it works as i think it does. will give it a good testing this weekend

I just started the normal tracking on my phone, then logged in to the web page. There is a map. I did not go for a ride to see how the tracking works, but it did show my location on the map, so i assumed that it works as i think it does. will give it a good testing this weekend

Ok, thanks

There used to be a "who's out riding" and it showed you their live position as they rode. That was the link which seemed to have gone. The update after a ride to show a map still seemed to work fine, so you could see where I had ridden. Never tried to look at my Training section to see if the map in there is now a live one and shows current positiion - it used to just show the route after the ride, but maybe they added live position to that map.

Edit: - just checked. Seems the map on the Training tab has a LIVE indicator on it, so I'm guessing that now shows someones position. So maybe they just dropped the old "who's training" map and it's now all on the same map.

Cooll - thanks for pointing this out. Had given up on Endo, but it's good to have a 2nd option for tracking.

Edited by walkerr

Good question, I had a quick look now. If you login to the web page, check just left of your profile picture where it says "new workout" select that and you will have the option to import the file(last option)

Yip. That's how I import my BLE workouts.

The downside of strava,

I just tried to get a personal best on a big hill near the house, Ebotse Drag,

Pedalled my gat off, came 70 something out of 200.

I thought to myself "thats not too bad, maybe i can try harder and move up the leaderboard" till i saw who has the number 2 spot.

Mr Froome himself.

Bang goes that plan.

Yeah, i see he's been very active in the oos rond area