Non greeters club

Madlight

Guest Latent Blue

Cyclists always give me the weirdest looks... I always try to wave at other cyclist, even while driving

I once tried to greet with a polite short honk and a wave after passing. He didn't see me wave and just zapped me... Story of my life

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I greeted as usual at Northerns, one dude flatly ignored.

A while later, I checked him trying to fix a broken chain, I asked him if he needed help, he said yes, I said learn to greet back then and I rode off.

Sjoe oke, maybe help him and then crap on him for not greeting, for all you know the poor bloke may not have seen/hear your greeting

I try and greet, head nod, or wave to people acknowledging me on the road.

Only time I might miss, if i'm on a vertical uphill, with sun very strong, and lungs outside my ribcage :eek:

So you went with the " I'll be the douchebag of the day" move? Nice. You do know what the concept of karma is?

...wouldn't you say that Karma was in action already?

Guest Latent Blue

I wont (always) great when for instance doing intervals or i am navigating hectic traffic... but as a rule i will nod at the very least!

Edited by Latent Blue

...wouldn't you say that Karma was in action already?

Not really.

Possible reasons people might not greet:

1) they're pushing hard and they're too shattered to say howzit.

2) they tried to say hello but discovered their throat was parched when nothing came out.

3) they were deep in thought wondering if they had remembered to turn off the gas braai before they left.

4) they're doing a mental rerun of the argument they had with their SO the previous night and wondering howcome they had to sleep on the couch.

5) you actually have a face like a mugger but nobody's told you.

6) one of your breasts is sticking out and they were too embarrassed to look at you.

7) they did but you didn't notice.

8) they're extremely shy.

9) they're a bit of a dick.

Reasons he didn't help:

1) to be a dick.

Guest Latent Blue

Not really.

one of your breasts is sticking out and they were too embarrassed to look at you.

Now why does it seem like you have personal experience... I would not have been able to make this up!!! :w00t:

Now why does it seem like you have personal experience... I would not have been able to make this up!!! :w00t:

It happened just not in a cycling context but I'm sure she thought I was really rude for not looking at her the whole time she was talking to me.

i'll apologise now already Capetonians and il apologise for every Sat and Sun for the past month or so, but when im coming down chappies, Suikerbossie or Smits at 60+km/h, and ur climbing at 15km/h and there is a huge cross wind, there is NO WAY that im taking my hands off the handlebars to wave at everyone i pass who is going up... My Life is a tad more important than a kind gesture... Sorry again...

Guest Latent Blue

It happened just not in a cycling context but I'm sure she thought I was really rude for not looking at her the whole time she was talking to me.

Heehee... Was at a wedding once... It was late and a lady I do not know came back from breastfeeding her baby... She put the baby back in his/her stroller, but she forgot to put back the shoulder of her dress... luckily passer by helped her out (or back in!)

• 2 weeks later...

Went out for a early morning ride. So planned my route too stay on the dark stuff as time wasn't in my favour. Don't usually ride in the morning but have plans after work tonight so I had ride early. A lot of people out so early in the morning runners, mountain bikers, walkers, roadies. I went on my merry way, pushing myself up the hills and on the flat roads. Greeting everybody on my way "Morning :clap: " and they greeted back. But these two roadies just looked at me ( I even think the one might have even growled a little :cursing: ) not a peep, nada, zilch, nothing and just carried on and no they were not ridding at a top speed, there was no traffic or anything. Is it that hard to just greet :clap: .

Oh well just my rant for the day.

violin music....violin music....violin music...................blah blah

But these two roadies just looked at me ( I even think the one might have even growled a little :cursing: ) not a peep, nada, zilch, nothing and just carried on and no they were not ridding at a top speed, there was no traffic or anything. Is it that hard to just greet :clap: .

Yes

the skinnier they are the ruder they become

I disagree, I haven't stopped trying to be nice. They do become easier to slap however....