2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

I was actually more bleak about other organisers' failure to commit to a hinted date and then when people started getting peeved with the failure to commit they take the attitude of "Well then go and do something else if you don't want to come ride".

I think you're confusing WP with Dirtopia, its Arina that told you to "enjoy your other arrangements." :whistling:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fell myself in my se slaai in on SS1! Trying to go too fast early on, like the idiot I am! Ribs are still sore (bruised, cracked, broken)and suffered quite a bit on SS2.

Definitely worth it though! Enjoyed the "Gravity" Enduro more than the "Trail" Enduro at Delheim. Both fun though, but I enjoy the technical challenges. Will be there on the 27th!

Bru, that SS1 was hairy as f***! The rock gardens were like playing dodgems with bowling balls. Made it very interesting and I also had two off's there, but thankfully just ego damage.

Apparently the SS1 trail was already blown to bits before the Enduro so all things considered (and considering SS2 and 3's conditions) it was a testament to how well built Jonkers' trails are. The Canaries are by far the most frequented by everyday riders so no surprises at all the brake bumps into corners. Made it the most challenging SS for me.

As for timing issues, it's been fixed so I should be on the list sometime later. For what it's worth, since it's not like I was robbed of a podium spot.

I think you're confusing WP with Dirtopia, its Arina that told you to "enjoy your other arrangements." :whistling:

No I know exactly about that comment that somehow disappeared later. I tried to post a nice reply about how I really appreciate their effort and love for the sport, but again, that they must understand that it's a business after all and I'm the customer. Unfortunately my phone buggered the posting and I couldn't be arsed to repost when I saw Arina's original comment was removed.

The snarkiness was unnecessary, but understood.

I would like the route info. It doesn't make sense to ask people to pay, and they don't even know what they're paying for. Release the info, and for the few that want to take it seriously and go practice, hooray for them. You're still going to have all sorts of anomalies with some people beating others due to having home advantage. :)

all i needed to hear was 'jonkers' to make me smile! all the rave about the place gave me an instant yes!

i was super happy with riding it blind, 95% of everyone there had an advantage having frequented the trails for years, but what does it matter? its not like im top 10 material... only been riding for 2.5 years... i have alot of catching up to do ....

No I know exactly about that comment that somehow disappeared later. I tried to post a nice reply about how I really appreciate their effort and love for the sport, but again, that they must understand that it's a business after all and I'm the customer. Unfortunately my phone buggered the posting and I couldn't be arsed to repost when I saw Arina's original comment was removed.

The snarkiness was unnecessary, but understood.

hahaha, yeah... theres a bit of a 'reputation' there......

i'll just leave the snarkiness to you lot and try and muffle my laughter in the background... was funny though....

Guest Omega Man

all i needed to hear was 'jonkers' to make me smile! all the rave about the place gave me an instant yes!

i was super happy with riding it blind, 95% of everyone there had an advantage having frequented the trails for years, but what does it matter? its not like im top 10 material... only been riding for 2.5 years... i have alot of catching up to do ....

And? What did you think of Jonkers? Amazing hey?

I must say I kaaaaaaaaked on the transition to that last stage. The wrong turn didn't help either. My left leg cramped so hard i thought my muscles were trying to break my tib fib. And I didn't put in a single pedal stroke on the last stage. I was utterly destroyed. Oh and i managed to crash on that single track going across to the beginning of the last stage. Even tho I was hardly moving.

It was amazing tho.

(Shameless Marketing) in France with the aid of ski lifts you'd average 6 times that amount of vert in a single day.

Edited by Omega Man

(Shameless Marketing) in France with the aid of ski lifts you'd average 6 times that amount of vert in a single day.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--pD_-OcNqew/UFJDPwnW_AI/AAAAAAAAAic/rN8ShK7Stlc/s640/Dawson-Crying-dawsons-creek-1445426-640-480-540x4051.jpg

And? What did you think of Jonkers? Amazing hey?

I must say I kaaaaaaaaked on the transition to that last stage. The wrong turn didn't help either. My left leg cramped so hard i thought my muscles were trying to break my tib fib. And I didn't put in a single pedal stroke on the last stage. I was utterly destroyed. Oh and i managed to crash on that single track going across to the beginning of the last stage. Even tho I was hardly moving.

It was amazing tho.

jonkers is definitely worth it!! , ss1 was perfectly fine... and ss2 was very cool (my favourrite) ss3 was okay... the middle jeep track crossing pissed me off a bit as there werent any arrows or anything, just a woman 50meters away waving a camera...

i think doing some xc races helps a bit , did a 45 and so on helps with the 'endurance' part of it, but im definitely not used to doing long runs like that ... ARM PUMP, and the 4.5hour drive makes the legs loose a bit of their 'freshness' but ill do it again in a heartbeat!

now i need to debate if im doing Greyton 19-21 April or contermans ..... i like the whole camping and riding thing... i dunno...

Myles, stop whining. It was RAD! Nothing wrong with riding blind or only knowing where to go a week in advance.

Anyway theres only a few venues around that can support a proper enduro so its not hard to figure out that youre gonna drive 90 minutes each way

Meh. Dude. I'm whinging cos I missed it, okay? Not saying riding blind is a bad thing - I just would have appreciated a bit more clarity more than a week beforehand.

But that aside. I should have checked enduromtb for the details. Then I would have known more than a month ago. And been there with a freshly fixed bike. Gnashing awesome trail.

Except I wasn't. As far as I'm concerned, i'm allowed to be upset that I didn't make it.

And that's a mega fail on the organisation part. Bad form

If I had known where we were supposed to go I could have pulled in. would have had my bike fixed for the day.

Meh. Dude. I'm whinging cos I missed it, okay? Not saying riding blind is a bad thing - I just would have appreciated a bit more clarity more than a week beforehand.

But that aside. I should have checked enduromtb for the details. Then I would have known more than a month ago. And been there with a freshly fixed bike. Gnashing awesome trail.

Except I wasn't. As far as I'm concerned, i'm allowed to be upset that I didn't make it.

Hmmm, ok, if you say so

Hmmm, ok, if you say so

Ffs dude. Major fail was a reference to them posting deets on enduro mtb yet withholding them from us the riding public under the guise of needing blind routes. If you want to try and pick a fight or pick apart my reasons for not making it then at least make an effort to do it properly.

Ffs dude. Major fail was a reference to them posting deets on enduro mtb yet withholding them from us the riding public under the guise of needing blind routes. If you want to try and pick a fight or pick apart my reasons for not making it then at least make an effort to do it properly.

Then make an effort to quote what you are referring to, they follow directly after each other and seem related.