2014 Cape Town Enduro Races

Headshot

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for keeping me company at the back Duane!

If we can walk most of the liason stages and still be on time at the starts then anyone can do it. Just be prepared for 7 minute downhill runs. Killer!!!

next time i will keep u guys company as well

Results seem a bit of a mess. They gave someone elae my time an that person was a podium contender in their class but obviously missed out with my time. I'm mot even on the results sheet but my race number is. The hell????

Results seem a bit of a mess. They gave someone else my time an that person was a podium contender in their class but obviously missed out with my time. I'm mot even on the results sheet but my race number is. The hell????

Results seem a bit of a mess. They gave someone elae my time an that person was a podium contender in their class but obviously missed out with my time. I'm mot even on the results sheet but my race number is. The hell????

Eish, that's not cool, but these things do happen.

Give them a shout and see what the story is

Not today's one, no... but I plan to do the next ones. If the details of venue and such are released before a week before the event. With a family it's a bit difficult to get time when venues etx aren't confirmed and you can't tell them what time you'll be back etc

Yeah, the last minute release of details killed it for me. I'm not sure what their reasoning is as either way the locals/regulars at Jonkershoek will have a huge advantage. As for me, I'm not super skilled or super fit so I would kinda like to know what I'm getting into before putting my money down.

me and another dude (with a jekyll) were talking to one of the organisers and the other dude told me and him that all the dates were already on enduro-mtb already, and it had jonkers down 3 weeks before the event! the other organiser guy was really surprised, and i checked it out now , and theyre all there! so copy and paste before they take it down i guess!! next one is contermanskloof, im guessing it will include a few different sections of the whole area, as that would obviously make sense .

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/racing/races-dates-calendar-2014/

does anyone know anything about this???

05.04 06.04 Holey Trails Enduro Slabberts http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/themes/enduro/racedates/flags/sa.png

I don't know why road races (running and cycling) are usually so seemless, but whenever it comes to anything slightly "off the beaten track" sport wise (and I speak of bodyboarding, gravity cycling etc.) there seems to be uncertainty.

The whole "suprise, the event is 150km away from where you thought" element is overrated. Just let people practice, who cares. I prefer being able to tell my family which weekends are out to "being on an equal footing with all riders since the venue is a secret". It's not like me practicing on a trail is going to gain me any ground on Gary Barnard...

I do think the event was organised well enough and it should only get better with time IF the organisers pay heed to our (the consumer's) positive criticism.

Event organisers need to quickly realise that we are consumers. If we're not happy we'll spend money elsewhere. That's how we vote in the corporate world.

I don't know why road races (running and cycling) are usually so seemless, but whenever it comes to anything slightly "off the beaten track" sport wise (and I speak of bodyboarding, gravity cycling etc.) there seems to be uncertainty.

The whole "suprise, the event is 150km away from where you thought" element is overrated. Just let people practice, who cares. I prefer being able to tell my family which weekends are out to "being on an equal footing with all riders since the venue is a secret". It's not like me practicing on a trail is going to gain me any ground on Gary Barnard...

I do think the event was organised well enough and it should only get better with time IF the organisers pay heed to our (the consumer's) positive criticism.

Event organisers need to quickly realise that we are consumers. If we're not happy we'll spend money elsewhere. That's how we vote in the corporate world.

Enduro should be "blind" for everyone. You will always have a small hand of people that knows a trail or 2 but releasing the venue long before the time does damage to the sport.

1. People know where they are riding so they don't come.

2. People practice the trails before hand and practically destroy the trail the week before the event.

3. Enduro started out as riders riding an unknown track 15 years ago, it should stay like that. You need to have a different set of skills to be able to be fast when you don't know whats coming up.

Thats the idea behind Enduro....

Oh and to know a week in advance is plenty time.

Most people don't even know on a Monday where they are riding next Sunday...so thats no excuse.

Enduro should be "blind" for everyone. You will always have a small hand of people that knows a trail or 2 but releasing the venue long before the time does damage to the sport.

1. People know where they are riding so they don't come.

2. People practice the trails before hand and practically destroy the trail the week before the event.

3. Enduro started out as riders riding an unknown track 15 years ago, it should stay like that. You need to have a different set of skills to be able to be fast when you don't know whats coming up.

Thats the idea behind Enduro....

true, KM - but in my mind there wouldn't have been any harm in releasing info that the venue was in the S West region. That would have given a WIDE range of trails, but at the same time ruled out places like Stellies, Contermans and so on. Just so that people get a general idea of where they're going, and how long they're going to be out for.

Plus - the trails themselves (the route) needn't have been released. There are still lots of trails at Jonkers. Any amount of them could have been used.

But yeah - I accept your point re the venue itself. There are chances it could be blown out. BUT - it's still a public trail, accessible to the public all through the year. Would the 120 plus people who took the time out to ride the enduro have really made that much of a difference, given that probably only 30 of them at a push could have ridden them during the week - and that isn't anywhere near what the trails have on a normal week...