Vegetable gardens at home.

Mojoman

You guys got me so worked up I have ordered my seeds now and can not wait for it to arrive with some warmer weather.

I problem is that my wife now decided that she wants some laying hens. How will this affect my, yet to be planted vegetable garden. Or should I just fence and cover the whole veg patch? Or the chickens.

Off topic.

What type of chicken should I look to get for egg producing? They will NOT be slaughtered. So eggs are the only concern.

fence it in. I've got 6 laying hens and they destroy the vegetable garden every chance they get

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fence it in. I've got 6 laying hens and they destroy the vegetable garden every chance they get

Don't they go over the fence?

Don't they go over the fence?

chickens can "fludder" but not really fly. Just make the fence high enough and they wont get over

MY cousin lives in Australia..He has gone from TOP BANK online security director to farmer in 1 year. take a look at this: Brisbane Tomatoes anyone?

That is the most beautiful rows of 'bankrot bossies' I have ever seen...very factory!

That is the most beautiful rows of 'bankrot bossies' I have ever seen...very factory!

Every last item is available for this above construction my cuz has in OZ, is also available in this city of ours at a place called Multiflora...In JHB.

Oz food was some of the best i have eaten ever and that includes france and italy

On my way there.....permanently.

OZ was food capitol of the world for a few years running from what I remember.. Oz people look after their country man. There are so many nice places to go there.. If that's not enough you have N.Z on your door step and that place for biking is sooooo smart!

If you get the right spot over there it is a good place to live

I think I will definitely try this system as soon as I can build a shelter. Unfortunately wont work well if left in outside weather or indoors without sun.

Guest notmyname

MY cousin lives in Australia..He has gone from TOP BANK online security director to farmer in 1 year. take a look at this: Brisbane Tomatoes anyone?

Massive capital investment here. I work with hydro farmers. Mainly Tomatos, peppers and cumbers(high value crops)

Massive capital investment here. I work with hydro farmers. Mainly Tomatos, peppers and cumbers(high value crops)

S.F what do you help the hydro farmers with? Macro and Micro's?

Guest notmyname

I work for a company that supplies various growing media(and mixed media) Currently I'm studying and working but the plan is to grow food crops when I'm sufficiently qualified. Yday was the first time I read through this thread. All you guys and gals growing crops at home are champs. Sadly I live in an apartment building, so my growing is limited to ornamental plants and some herbs due to space or lack there of.

Edited by small fry