First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

Notice is hereby given that the 1st Annual General Meeting of

Tokai MTB will be held on Tuesday, 18 February 2014 at 6 p.m. at Chrysalis Academy, Tokai

AGENDA

1. Welcome by Interim chairman

2. Apologies

3. Annual report

4. Consideration and adoption of motions concerning the affairs of the Association of which due notice has been given.

5. The election of committee members

5.1 Secretary/Treasurer

5.2 Riders representative - Gravity

5.3 Riders representative - XC

5.4 TMNP liaison and fund raising

5.5 Public Relations rep

5.6 Chairman (from above members)

6. Any other business

6.1 Constitution

Nominations for elected positions can be sent to info@amarider.co.za. The closing date for nominations is 5 p.m. on 17 February 2014

The nomination form should include:

Committee Position:

Nominated person:

Email:

Phone:

Nominated by:

Email:

Phone:

Edited by Vince

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5. The election of committee members

5.1 Secretary/Treasurer

5.2 Riders representative - Gravity

5.3 Riders representative - XC

5.4 TMNP liaison and fund raising

5.5 Treasurer / secretary

5.6 Chairman (from above members)

5.5 should read Public Relations - don't think there is enough money for two treasurers.... :whistling:

I assume this is the continuation of the process started through AMArider, Table Mountain Bikers and the Tokai MTB interest group to form the Mountain Bikers Forum to function as a united single forum representing ALL mountainbikers in dealings with other interest groups like dogwalkers, horse riders, landowners, SANParks, PPA, City of Cape Town etc.

Am I correct that the elected committee will function within the existing framework?

Where can the constitution be viewed?

Where can the annual report be viewed?

I assume this is the continuation of the process started through AMArider, Table Mountain Bikers and the Tokai MTB interest group to form the Mountain Bikers Forum to function as a united single forum representing ALL mountainbikers in dealings with other interest groups like dogwalkers, horse riders, landowners, SANParks, PPA, City of Cape Town etc.

Am I correct that the elected committee will function within the existing framework?

Where can the constitution be viewed?

Where can the annual report be viewed?

Yes and Yes.

The constitution will be made available on the Facebook site and an annual report is being drawn up as we speak.

Actually this is the required process for TokaiMTB to be representative of the Cape Town Mountain bikers on the Table Mountain Mountain Bikers Forum (TMMTB). All groups present as the founding members must be constituted and ratified by the public.

This actually came about because a group of concerned and frustrated MTBers approached the Table mountain MTB forum and requested that Tokai MTB be representative of the MTB community in order to achieve better trails in Tokai.

Hopefully the members elected to the new Tokai MTB committee will be experienced,knowledgeable riders and be respected in the local MTB community, without these traits the committee will not have the support of the TMNP, the MTB community or those organisations wanting to donate funds.

This actually came about because a group of concerned and frustrated MTBers approached the Table mountain MTB forum and requested that Tokai MTB be representative of the MTB community in order to achieve better trails in Tokai.

Hopefully the members elected to the new Tokai MTB committee will be experienced,knowledgeable riders and be respected in the local MTB community, without these traits the committee will not have the support of the TMNP, the MTB community or those organisations wanting to donate funds.

Well said Vince.

Who is currently building the trails in Tokai ?

Do they have any idea what they are doing ? Doesn't look like it.

The new snake trails have no speed or flow and are already a mess after a recent re-build.

We would prefer that funds are raised and other trail builders paid to assist in Tokai (Jonkershoek crew perhaps)

The current setup is clearly not working, it has been years now !

Come on guys.

Guest OldFlow

Well put Vince, and well put kellyslater.

Many of us are sharing kellyslater's feelings on what used to be some of the best trails in the WC. We keep hearing about the pending EMP etc. as being the reason but the fact is, within the current scope, with the current available resources, we could, and should, be seeing much better trail. Instead we have clumsy, awkward, poorly planned and designed crap, which is not much fun to ride. When we raise the issue, we get redirected with obtuse comments and excuses. Sometimes we get abuse... Time for change!

Guest Omega Man

@ Kelly & Oldflow. This is perhaps your ONE opportunity to have an input into the success (or failure) of the Tokai Trail network by choosing a representative committee for TokaiMTB.

It's critical that the correct people with the correct motives and abilities are nominated and selected to represent us. The riders.

So with this in mind please fill in your nominations for the 5 posts and mail to the address given above. Then join us for the AGM on the 18th where a new committee will be selected. This is your opportunity to have a say in how good or bad the trails are at Tokai. If you don't partake in the process then I'm afraid you cannot expect an improvement.

Edited by Omega Man