• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Right.

My nominations are in. See y'all there.

I'm excited for the future of Mountain Biking in Tokai.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Is that exit, stage left or wot? :ph34r:

No proxy votes so shush you. Hahaha. I am gonna be wearing goggles cos there might be one or 2 bits of rotten fruit flying about the room.

Oh sorry. Excited. Sunday Arvo post nap brain fade.

Edited by Omega Man

Bump. Reminder to be there if you care about Tokai, or for ever hold your peace! ;)

Edited by DJR

Guest Omega Man

No proxy is a bit off putting ..... some people just really can not make the AGM.

Yeah but it's the first one. Maybe next year something can be done around proxy votes.

Baby steps and all that.

Edited by Omega Man

Hi,

Where exactly will the meeting be held, where is the Crysalis acadamey and it it in any specific hall or building?

Thanks,

Chrysalis is to the right at the top of Tokai road as you reach the T intersection on your way to the trails. There will be boards indicating the direction. The Tea hall is the big building right in front as you enter the boom, you can also confirm with security.

Chrysalis is to the right at the top of Tokai road as you reach the T intersection on your way to the trails. There will be boards indicating the direction. The Tea hall is the big building right in front as you enter the boom, you can also confirm with security.

cool

No proxy is a bit off putting ..... some people just really can not make the AGM.

If it matters - you will be there.

(Proxies could skew the process)

If it matters I am more than likely pulling a min 32hr shift today .........

I know a few of the guys that regularly ride tokai are either out of the country on business or literally cannot make it. So no, this statement does not hold true.

It holds true for those of us who CAN make it. For those of us who can't, for whatever reason, just understand that not all of us can drop whatever we're doing and come to an AGM. Even if it was advertised 3 weeks ago. Things get in the way. Family. Work. Holidays. And so on.

I doubt you'd have cancelled a holiday on Germany (for example) when you had already booked the accommodation and tickets, just to have a vote on the night.

I understand believe me but with proxies we could have guys from Limpopo voting who have never been here and will never be here. I would have a problem with that. "Real" proxies should be catered for but how do you check?

Guest Omega Man

I don't think proxies would make a material difference to the vote.

I understand believe me but with proxies we could have guys from Limpopo voting who have never been here and will never be here. I would have a problem with that. "Real" proxies should be catered for but how do you check?

Easy, pitch up at your local SA embassy, show them scars from that time you tried the road gap at DH1, pics of you sliding into the berm on Vasbyt and video of baboons on the jeep track.....and maybe your Wild Card :whistling: ...legit...VOTE!