Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Eish!

How's he/she?

That must be the fastest and most sustained descent I've seen

a whole years worth of roasties & only a fractured ankle, he'll live to fight another day.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First DC done and dusted! It was absolutely a blast, felt like a Sunday coffee ride for the first half and then we split the team after Bonnievale to finish 3 girls 4 guys over the line at 7h22. Felt so strong and loved every second and only suffered the last long climb and then the 500m to the finish where I had my boyfriend pushing me. Was so much easier than OneTonner and even the Langebaan 80km last weekend - weird! Onwards to Die Burger/SCT whatevs. 

First DC done and dusted! It was absolutely a blast, felt like a Sunday coffee ride for the first half and then we split the team after Bonnievale to finish 3 girls 4 guys over the line at 7h22. Felt so strong and loved every second and only suffered the last long climb and then the 500m to the finish where I had my boyfriend pushing me. Was so much easier than OneTonner and even the Langebaan 80km last weekend - weird! Onwards to Die Burger/SCT whatevs.

what about my push I gave you :-(

Well Done Cleats!!

Very well done!! You make it sound like a walk in the park!! Very well done on the amazing time!

Said dc would be easier than one tonner and sounds like it was. I know it would have been 10x rougher if no stops. I would have been toast if no second stop. Brand new Gp4000s2 exploded 2km from second stop.

what about my push I gave you :-(

Well Done Cleats!!

Nooo was that you?! I was not sure - what you doing bantering with me when you should have been racing! I was about to ask Maria and then I forgot. So yes, I owe you a push...let me know when you need it (fairly sure I'm safe for the next 40 years at least). Well done M! 

Said hi to the Dik Daisies and also to Smurfy - great day out! 

Less chatting more riding. We have been over this!!

LAst time I checked, YOU were not present at this race. Therefore, you must wait til I ask your advice (besides it was 202km, you know I cant keep quiet that long) or send you whiny whats app messages complaining about pathetic results. There was a strong MTB team from Momentum, you would have rolled lekker with them.

That was my 10th DC and my best time yet  :thumbup:

Great work by the team and as always, a great day out.

I thought that it was well organised and marshalled. The finish area with the tent and cold towels was great too

That was my 10th DC and my best time yet  :thumbup:

Great work by the team and as always, a great day out.

I thought that it was well organised and marshalled. The finish area with the tent and cold towels was great too

Those ice cold towels were a dream at the end. The two accidents I passed already had marshals and ambulance by time we had arrived.

my 1st DC. we only had 11 riders all different strength levels. we managed to keep it together until just b4 DREW where we all got split up. At one stage i was riding alone for like 10km until i caught some team mates on the 3 nasty hills, they sure burnt. felt sorry for the guys walking. I got 4 members just before the finish and because we missed our 8 hr mark decided to go for the CHARLES MILNER. We waited another 20 minutes for the rest of the pack to arrive. we crossed the line at 840 with a flat tyre and minus a chain. What an awesome event. well organised with excellent support and  marshalls. thank you Coronation.  enjoy every single moment.

First DC yesterday. Not everyone understood the concept of a "team" ride, but the most brilliant event. Had a great ride - maybe the advantage of coming down from Jo'burg's altitude helped. Can't wait for next year.

Nooo was that you?! I was not sure - what you doing bantering with me when you should have been racing! I was about to ask Maria and then I forgot. So yes, I owe you a push...let me know when you need it (fairly sure I'm safe for the next 40 years at least). Well done M! 

Said hi to the Dik Daisies and also to Smurfy - great day out! 

bwahahaha you are funny, so you normally chat to & accept pushes from random guys?  :ph34r:

my 1st DC. we only had 11 riders all different strength levels. we managed to keep it together until just b4 DREW where we all got split up. At one stage i was riding alone for like 10km until i caught some team mates on the 3 nasty hills, they sure burnt. felt sorry for the guys walking. I got 4 members just before the finish and because we missed our 8 hr mark decided to go for the CHARLES MILNER. We waited another 20 minutes for the rest of the pack to arrive. we crossed the line at 840 with a flat tyre and minus a chain. What an awesome event. well organised with excellent support and  marshalls. thank you Coronation.  enjoy every single moment.

Well Done, Did you get the actual medal? i thought you needed to have 12 riders cross the line to claim that medal?

Awesome event.  My first one.  But not the last.  Rode the stretch between the two neutral zones  on my own with my team 200m in front of me, but just could not catch up.  Caught up in the neutral zone.  Got dropped / Send my team forward :P on 15km left and finished on my own.  

Very well organized event.

I think this is one  of the few events that one can actually grasp how good the top riders really are as the come flying past at a speed that is unimaginable the the normal person.  In a normal race we don't even see them. :D :D

Archived