Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Guys

I will be available to drive a vehicle to Knysna seeing that for the first time in 4 years I will not be competing.

PM me

Paul

HI Guys

I will be available to drive a vehicle to Knysna seeing that for the first time in 4 years I will not be competing.

PM me

Paul

I feel your pain. Kudos for helping out your fellow riders. :clap: :clap: :clap:

So after finishing almost dead last yesterday at the Staalwater's 60km we're in the survival group. It went bad yesterday, the wife is not as fit as i thought she was.

On the website I see that the cutt off is at 14h at kom se pad. I could not find where exactly that is on the 96km route, From what i can guess it is about 30km from the finish?

So basically we have (if we start in last group) 5.5 hours to do 60km. and then another 1.5hrs to do the last 30km.

What would be a reasonable time to be at kom se pad to make sure we can still make the 15h30 cutoff?

I am not the fittest rider so i will need to pace myself so that if i have to push her (literally) i dont start too soon and then I bomb out before the end. As julle verstaan wat ek bedoel!

So after finishing almost dead last yesterday at the Staalwater's 60km we're in the survival group. It went bad yesterday, the wife is not as fit as i thought she was.

On the website I see that the cutt off is at 14h at kom se pad. I could not find where exactly that is on the 96km route, From what i can guess it is about 30km from the finish?

So basically we have (if we start in last group) 5.5 hours to do 60km. and then another 1.5hrs to do the last 30km.

What would be a reasonable time to be at kom se pad to make sure we can still make the 15h30 cutoff?

I am not the fittest rider so i will need to pace myself so that if i have to push her (literally) i dont start too soon and then I bomb out before the end. As julle verstaan wat ek bedoel!

I once made it to kom se pad @ 13:50 and finished at 15:34. 8:03 according to the official timing.

My own opinion is that if you reach the big waterpoint at Buffelsnek about 60-65km into the race. You can finish this.

If you just want to finish I believe you should aim for this at 13:30. And keep a bit in the tank for simola

post-4835-0-98764300-1410174936_thumb.jpg

Looking at my times, it takes you about half as long to get to the finish as it took to get this spot.

not sure how to feel right now Race #21 but at the same time I got the news today 3rd metacarpal base fracture in left hand. 6 weeks off the bike for recovery & healing, big decisions to make!!!!!

not sure how to feel right now Race #21 but at the same time I got the news today 3rd metacarpal base fracture in left hand. 6 weeks off the bike for recovery & healing, big decisions to make!!!!!

What happened?

Damn! That suck :cursing:

Archived