[Event] Bay City Cycle Tour

DMC007

I did not do the rollercoaster. What is the total ascent of this race? Tough course?

Yes, tough for a relatively short course, but I don't have ascent statistics, sorry.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not do the rollercoaster. What is the total ascent of this race? Tough course?

My garmin gave 1128m for the rollercoaster. The only big climb is right at the start, the rest "just" rollers although doing Boyes near the end hurts, a lot!

Hi Guys and Girls

Just a quick comment about some concerns we have received. Firstly, concerns about this being the same/similar route to another event a few weeks ago... This is the route we were given permission to use by the relevant authorities, and is just the reverse of our usual route which we have used for over 10 years. This relates to the use of Ou Kaapse Weg and permissions from CoCT.

We have had a few people e-mailing us about problems with a previous event with marshals etc... using the same/similiar route. This matter was addressed with PPA and City of Cape Town Traffic Services who went out and drove along the route, identifying exactly where marshals and traffic officals are needed. We have deployed as per their requests, and have been assured by Traffic Services that the officers that they are supplying are experienced officers.

Finally we were asked to institute cut offs along the route, so here they are :

08h30 - at the foot of Ou Kaapse Weg (Steenberg side). Any cyclist who has not yet started on Ou Kaapse Weg will be turned around and asked to ride back to the end point

09h15 - opposite Long Beach Mall. There will be a sweep bus waiting at this point to collect any cyclist who hasn't passed through that point by then

11h20 - Heading out of Simons Town on the Main Road near to the Scratch Patch. Again our sweep bus will be waiting there to collect cyslists who don't make the cut off

12h00 - Final cut off at the finish.

We ask that everyone to play nice with the marshals and officials as they have a job to do with your safety as the main concern. If you miss a cut off, please either climb into the sweep bus, or if you insist on continuing you will be asked to hand in your race sticker and temporary number (if applicable) as you will no longer be considered part of the event.

Looking forward to a super event on Sunday. If you have any other queries please let us know. Our e-mail address is info@baycitycycletour.co.za

I won't be doing this ride...time for a good rest before Argus after what has been a very busy past few weeks. Maybe I'll come out and support though...

Rest? I'm just starting my Argus training. I've got 18 days to work some magic and get me as close to the 3hr as possible!

Looking forward to a super event on Sunday. If you have any other queries please let us know. Our e-mail address is info@baycitycycletour.co.za

jeez you missed the big one. Half coke or full cup @ the finish. ;)

Edited by hellocolour

Cudos to the ORG's. They are listening to the cyclist's concerns (as it is our safety at stake, after all.)

To highlight the very valid question asked by hellocolour. Half a coke, or a full cup, warm or cold, at the finish? :whistling: :devil:

Cudos to the ORG's. They are listening to the cyclist's concerns (as it is our safety at stake, after all.)

To highlight the very valid question asked by hellocolour. Half a coke, or a full cup, warm or cold, at the finish? :whistling: :devil:

I thought shaded cars were your only requirement

I thought shaded cars were your only requirement

That is also very important, but knowing the route quite well, I know there will be parked cars to pick and choose from. Don't expect of the Org's to supply one.

Warm coke, on the other hand.........

That is also very important, but knowing the route quite well, I know there will be parked cars to pick and choose from. Don't expect of the Org's to supply one.

Warm coke, on the other hand.........

There is a spot under my jeep ... we have discussed this before :whistling:

Coke is handled by Peninsula Beverage... I'll pass on your concerns to them and ask them to try ensure the coke is cold and that you are given a full cup... best I can do :drool:

Coke is handled by Peninsula Beverage... I'll pass on your concerns to them and ask them to try ensure the coke is cold and that you are given a full cup... best I can do :drool:

Another reason why I like this race so much.... :whistling:

This is the same route (well 98 % of it) as Roller Coaster....... :(

Lets hope the Marshals is better on this one ................

Huh?

Hi all

I've just entered this and in the confirmation email there's details for number collections.

I thought this was a PPA ride where we wear our PPA numbers?

Maybe collection is only for those without PPS numbers?

Thanks!