Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2014

GaryvdM

Eish - we are going to ride in the rain Sunday :whistling:

I'm not.

I don't give a damn if it's the 94.7, or the Argus, or whatever ~ if it's raining, I stay at home.

I don't get paid to ride a bike. I don't like road rash. Most importantly, I ride my bike for enjoyment, not to torture myself. Riding in the rain, especially group riding, is just plain ***.

Edited by Falco

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just inflate them lower

Yip, if it's raining instead of my usual 8 bars I'll have mine down to about 6.5 bars.

Edit: I weigh about 88 kg at the moment.

Edited by tombeej

Stupid question,  what do you do when you need to pee?   On a mtb race its easy,  pull to the side,  walk into the bushes and relieve yourself.   I can see people looking at me funny if I do this next to the road,  even if it is JHB.

Btw,  I will be one of those that will be on his bike for 5+ hours.

Stupid question,  what do you do when you need to pee?   On a mtb race its easy,  pull to the side,  walk into the bushes and relieve yourself.   I can see people looking at me funny if I do this next to the road,  even if it is JHB.

Btw,  I will be one of those that will be on his bike for 5+ hours.

There are toilets at most water point, every few km's

Edited by Milkworx

Can someone share with me their GPS file of the new route, can go draw it on Google earth but why reinvent the wheel.

Thanks

What level would you suggest for 58kg lady?

Firstly, what is your usual ideal dry weather tyre pressure?

Tried contact lenses before, but really battle with them. I have astigmatism (and pretty bad) so any major movement on the contacts makes it even worse than riding without.

I am Astigmatic and just have terrible eyesight. I have Rudi Project Maya Frames with Zeiss varifocal lenses for the past 2 years and they have been by far the best I have ever had. Use them from waking till I fall asleep at night for everything, mtb, road in the rain, reading, driving etc.They have a water repellent/anti reflective/anti fog and anti scratch coating and darken in the sun. Lenses expensive but not when you take into account how many hours a day they are used and how long they last and how they change your life! From any good optometrist!

Can someone share with me their GPS file of the new route, can go draw it on Google earth but why reinvent the wheel.

Thanks

There are very few people that have cycled the NEW route, so chances that you'll find a GPS file is close to zero.

But here is the Google Earth file, and the Garmin CRS file.

947 Cycle Challenge 2014.zip

947CycleChallenge2014.zip

Edited by geraldm24

Just out of interest does anyone out there actually do the Elbow thing to indicate to the guy following to take a pull?

Yes! Am I gonna be out of place if I do that?

What level would you suggest for 58kg lady?

The lighter the lower the pressure. I would say that if you are anything lower than 65kg, then you can ride 7bar dry and 6bar wet, maybe even lower. I weigh 75kg and run 6.5bar wet and 7 to 8 dry, this is on normal 23mm tyres, on 25mm you can drop everything by about a bar.

Accuweather's forecast is starting to look a little more optimistic. The sky is expected to clear from Saturday afternoon at this stage...

post-22004-0-80402200-1415777056_thumb.png