Argus Wind, Wheels?

koukie

You guys are making me nervous. Like jcza, I packed my bike on Sunday, with 50mm wheels. I am 95kg. Will I be ok?

Just stay in the drops as much as possible especially with sidewinds.

And relax your grip on the bars.

And hide in the bunch like a top GC contender.

:-)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be looking for all those over 90kgs - GREAT windbreakers - with my 67kgs I just get sucked in right behind you can't help it.

I think a LOL is in order.

I think the OP is worried about the wind that's been predicted for Sunday........50km/h >

That is correct, not to worried about performance. I got the extra wheels with the bike and they look so cool and are a tad lighter than the standard GIANT wheels. But I guess I will rather leave them at home. I think I might go for the 50mm at the back and the standard wheel on the front.

Will be looking for all those over 90kgs - GREAT windbreakers - with my 67kgs I just get sucked in right behind you can't help it.

I think a LOL is in order.

Occasionally we eat rich, spicy food to maintain our magnifent physiques - watch out for gusts of winds...

I started at 103kgs. Currently 84kgs from cycling. I remember your pain, tough on the climbs but super fast downhill.

You will be fine on the hoops, just watch on Chappies decent and Suikerbossie Decent. Oh of course the start line for some reason the wind howls through that piece.

:thumbup:

Hmm have actualy ridden and been shredded by GaryvdM. Have a feeling all the okes dishing out the good advice might well be well off the big mans pace

You guys are making me nervous. Like jcza, I packed my bike on Sunday, with 50mm wheels. I am 95kg. Will I be ok?

Hi Gary

Just wanted to find out if you were ok on those 50mm? Wind was very gusty in places, you finish safely?

There was a guy in my small bunch coming down Chappies with Zipp 808's.

It was almost comical seeing him tuck in, lean and prepare to take the left hand bends and then just move sideways across to the RHS of the road and almost totally miss the turn.

The guys sitting directly behind him weren't as amused and I think their shorts required extra attention in the laundry.

Hi Gary

Just wanted to find out if you were ok on those 50mm? Wind was very gusty in places, you finish safely?

The 50mm hoops were scary. In particular one side gust we got in Camps bay, I was leaning about 20 deg into the wind. I think I handled it well, and finished safely, but I will bring both a shallow, and a deep section front wheel to the next Argus.