Buying a 29″ Dual Suspension Carbon Frame

Blits

From that list I would go with the Booth as Rob seems to be a stand-up guy and offers the best service and at the end of the day that's what counts.

Give KevinG a shout if you wan't some buyer feedback on the Booth, I think he has done Epic, Attakwas, W2W, Sani2C and Garden Route 300 on his.

or do some reading here: http://www.thehubsa....chinese-frames/

I have not ridden 2, 3 or 4 but I have a Booth and I must say that it is really great. It makes a big difference to know that Rob is around and back his products fully. So much so I bought my FIL one as well and we all know you don't mess with your FIL!

I am looking into buying a 29" Dual Suspension Carbon frame. After a lot of reading I am looking into these 4 frames:

1. Booth

2. Edge Design

3. Black Spade

4. Trigon

Does any body have any experience with these frames? Which one would you recommend? Are there any other frames out there that might be a better choice?

Any assistance will be much appreciated!

I have ridden a Black Spade ( dual ) for last two years, done W2w x 2, Sani2c,Imani,Pioneer,Ride2Nowhere,Tankwa,GR300 and a bunch of races.

Touchwood no problems with frame, ,in fact I haven't even replaced pivot bearings.

Brand name component's a different story though !

Lots of failures with those parts !

Im gonna put my foot in something here and tell you that your first 3 options are all the same frames just different branding. Not mentioning this to diss any of the brands. Just saying

All Chinese frames with a local twist

Thanx! Asked Rob to order a large for me ... thankyou gift for hubby for supporting me with the Epic :)

• 10 months later...

All Chinese frames with a local twist

Had a couple of mates looking at Trigon bikes and asked me if I knew anything about them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these seem to be a generic carbon frame that comes pre painted from Great Go Cycles in Taiwan, Trigon being their in house brand name. They seem to have a good history making for some big names but the bikes here seem to be just generic frames that have been built up locally with Sram parts? As such, do they have the same back up of the big brand names and why do they cost the same as the big brand name bikes?

I suppose my question here is, are they worth it and if they are a generic Chinese (Taiwan) frame, why are they so expensive?

P.S. Sent a quote request to Great Go Cycles to see how much their frames and completed bikes are, will be interested to see.

post-10227-0-84384700-1422894260_thumb.jpg

Archived