Car drove into me this morn - end of my Ironman

kingalton

well a few weeks ago i was held up at gunpoint - today i get taken out by an idiot driver.

We were 95 odd km into our ride, coming out of cullinun, 6 of us riding in single file, i was riding in front of the group.. the guy came from behind, passed all the other guys and then hit me with his mirror first, then pushed me off the road..

i went off the road, onto the dirt, which was a drop of about 30 cm and did an endo, landed on my face and almost felt like my neck was going to break.. it happened so fast, i had no idea what happened.

long story short, i got stitches, broken helmet, loads of abrasions and bruises and my hand is broken...

end of my ironman it seems, they are operating on monday morning. will ask the surgeon to perform a miracle, but i don't think it going to happen...

all the training, effort, cost down the drain...

at least i live to tell the tail though...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear, you would think being in the front your chances are much less being hit

As you pointed out you lucky to tell the tale,

My brother in law was saying he heard the stats on cyclists being hit it's crazy it's like four times higher than it was two years

Oh well you still here heal up soon

Also almost got taken out today!

Long straight road and the oke pulled straight across us. Missed him by a ball hair

fingers crossed!.

Another Ironman Athlete taken out by drunk driver in Bloemfontein this Morning.

Seems like a bad weekend.

Was also almost taken out when a guy in Audi past a bus. Stpped in front of him and then while I am passing bus on right side as people getting on and off. he makes Uturn right in front of me..

Luckile I saw him coming just in time .

Anyway, get well soon glad youy are OK.

I will get banned if I express the way I feel at the moment just ridiculous what is happening the last 2 days

Good luck for Monday, holding thumbs regarding the miracle.

Ill say it anyway, facts are facts (mods and admatt can give me a ban but they know I am right)

Cars drive like complete arseholes, in actual fact *****

They have no regard for anyone on the road, they drive like this because there is no enforcement of the laws.

They have no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else, they are plain selfish.

This is the main reason why I dont own a road bicycle, I however do ride a motorbike to and from work and that is bad enough.

Yesterday I was going over the highway on Cambridge road and turning left onto Witkoppen Road, traffic as usual on Witkoppen there is crawling so the cars often stop on green as they cant cross because of standstill.

The lights for Witkoppen traffic goes red and my Green comes on, I start going and this white Golf 6 on Witkoppen which was stopped at his red just gaps it through the red and cuts on the inside of me. I pull my visor up and ask the indian chap if that was necessary to go through the red and almost hit me, he tells me that he saw me and did not hit me so what is my problem?

I was not aggressive at all and said my problem is that you went through a red light and almost hit me, he then starts provoking me saying repeatedly "what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it."

Nobody gives a crap about anyone, we have no rule of law, our police are criminals themselves as well as the elected government.

Ill say it anyway, facts are facts (mods and admatt can give me a ban but they know I am right)

Cars drive like complete arseholes, in actual fact *****

They have no regard for anyone on the road, they drive like this because there is no enforcement of the laws.

They have no respect for themselves, let alone anyone else, they are plain selfish.

This is the main reason why I dont own a road bicycle, I however do ride a motorbike to and from work and that is bad enough.

Yesterday I was going over the highway on Cambridge road and turning left onto Witkoppen Road, traffic as usual on Witkoppen there is crawling so the cars often stop on green as they cant cross because of standstill.

The lights for Witkoppen traffic goes red and my Green comes on, I start going and this white Golf 6 on Witkoppen which was stopped at his red just gaps it through the red and cuts on the inside of me. I pull my visor up and ask the indian chap if that was necessary to go through the red and almost hit me, he tells me that he saw me and did not hit me so what is my problem?

I was not aggressive at all and said my problem is that you went through a red light and almost hit me, he then starts provoking me saying repeatedly "what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do about it."

Nobody gives a crap about anyone, we have no rule of law, our police are criminals themselves as well as the elected government.

No word of a lie.

Was also considering a road bike, but stuff like this puts me off