Stumpjumper FSR vs PYGA oneten

Dawels

Mtbr.com has just finished the review on 10+ trail/enduro bikes. Do yourself a favour and read up on the bikes you are interested in. The reviews are very thorough.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35k has to get you the Stumpy FSR comp WITH a dropper post and tubeless conversion and probably some change for some bling!

The only downer on the Stumpy would be the Fox fork up front, which I hat with all I have in me. I sold my Fox after two recalls and am now sporting a 140mm X-Fusion Trace. My bike feels like a different machine now!

So I suppose you have to ask yourself, if the Pyga is R20k for the frame, can you build the bike with R15k change? I think you're going to struggle.

35k has to get you the Stumpy FSR comp WITH a dropper post and tubeless conversion and probably some change for some bling!

The only downer on the Stumpy would be the Fox fork up front, which I hat with all I have in me. I sold my Fox after two recalls and am now sporting a 140mm X-Fusion Trace. My bike feels like a different machine now!

So I suppose you have to ask yourself, if the Pyga is R20k for the frame, can you build the bike with R15k change? I think you're going to struggle.

Hey you .... pics of the bike with the fork fitted please!

"he only downer on the Stumpy would be the Fox fork up front, which I hat with all I have in me. I sold my Fox after two recalls and am now sporting a 140mm X-Fusion Trace. My bike feels like a different machine now!"

Is the Fox really that crap??

Edited by Stevief

"he only downer on the Stumpy would be the Fox fork up front, which I hat with all I have in me. I sold my Fox after two recalls and am now sporting a 140mm X-Fusion Trace. My bike feels like a different machine now!"

Is the Fox really that crap??

Yes. Oh yes. CTD stands for Comes from The Devil.

Unfortunately the EVO will be way too expensive! My bugjet is 35k remember!

Another topic worth getting advice on is servicing costs?

I'm leaning the way of the stumpy due to the fact that PYGA's frame is now 20k...this will have to wait until I'm a qualified engineer.

The spez will be more expensive to service right? Or will it be an investment to buy the tools to service by myself?

The carbon stumpy is 40k which is also too expensive, so what I'm hoping for is to get the best spec'd alu stumpy frame for 35k. What should this get me?

Dawels

I bought me the 2014 Stumpjumper Alu FSR Comp for R 27k at Cyclefunatics and upgraded the wheels to ZTR Arch Ex with Hope Evo 2 hubs (CWC for R 5500.00)

130mm Travel front and Rear Shocks. Its a damn awesome bike

For R 35k take the Alu and get the new Wheels. you won't be dissapointed

Edited by TBone7 WP

I bought me the 2014 Stumpjumper Alu FSR Comp for R 27k at Cyclefunatics and upgraded the wheels to ZTR Arch Ex with Hope Evo 2 hubs (CWC for R 5500.00)

That is a good looking machine. Very nice

Johnny.

Out of interest, what is it really about the spesh that you really like and that makes you feel it set's it apart from the rest?

of you peal the stickers off the wheels you will have a serious black on black mass murder set up going. ........nice work :D

Some are, some aren't. The EVO range are rubbish.

Please elaborate further? I've got a Evo, and so far I've not had any issues.

Please elaborate further? I've got a Evo, and so far I've not had any issues.

I think he means the Fox Evolution forks.

I have a 2013 expert and it came with a 32mm FIT Talas. The 32mm is the problem. I weigh 95kg and with a 10kg backpack the fork is a noodle even if not pushing very hard. If you wanna ride hard and are over 80kg, make sure it comes with the 34mm Fox. The. Cheaper models come with a 32mm RS revelation, which should be a touch better than the 32mm Fox. My bike is getting a black Rockshox Pike when I go back home to Switzerland.