Stumpjumper FSR vs PYGA oneten

Dawels

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Basically I have about 40k to spend on a new 29er. Ill be riding trails and hopefully get my skill set up for some decent enduro tracks and jumps.

What bike will be better suited? I know the Stumpjumper has more travel than the PYGA and is a trail bike. The PYGA on the other hand is an 'aggressive' XC bike.

I have tested the S WORKS stumpy and it felt amazing and have only heard good things about the PYGA.

How does the PYGA make up for the lack of travel etc?

Regards

David

Ok, was super keen on Spez. Then they wasted my time telling me i had to wait up to 4 months for an XL frame. Seems they are stingy on keeping stock. It is my guess you are a smidgeon shorter than me so its the biggie frame for ya. I never got the test riide on the fsr so can not comment. Spent the 40 k plus on the Pyga and a seat post dropper. I feel waaaay more comfortable on the Pyga than my old 26 er so again does not help the 650 b discussion. Awesome bike and i can recommend the Pyga. Ps do not read the SAG setting manual. Pump shocks to the pressure recommended for your weight and have fun.

Be prepared to wait for the Pyga as well. No stock on xl frames till end of April. Im in the same situation as you. Have ridden the pyga. Awesome bike. But if you are in a hurry it aint gonna happen.

Be prepared to wait for the Pyga as well. No stock on xl frames till end of April. Im in the same situation as you. Have ridden the pyga. Awesome bike. But if you are in a hurry it aint gonna happen.

A lot of popular bikes have this problem. Some of the Spez models are sold out before they hit the floor. They do not bring unlimited numbers to South Africa. If you want something that always in stock everywhere and you never have to wait, buy a Titan, Scott or Merida. I wanted a Rocky mountain a few years ago, and they told me I had to wait 8 months till next years models arrive.

Hi guys,

Basically I have about 40k to spend on a new 29er. Ill be riding trails and hopefully get my skill set up for some decent enduro tracks and jumps.

What bike will be better suited? I know the Stumpjumper has more travel than the PYGA and is a trail bike. The PYGA on the other hand is an 'aggressive' XC bike.

I have tested the S WORKS stumpy and it felt amazing and have only heard good things about the PYGA.

How does the PYGA make up for the lack of travel etc?

Regards

David

PYGA,

Try and find a SC Tallboy frame.If you are 2m tall you will need a 23 inch .Less of a stock problem with Dragon,s

you will get a good resale value on a stumpjumper friend. Also just a way better bike to ride.

Little chance of me selling my Pyga, so I have no concern over resale value!!

Just considering maintenance costs I'd skip Spez and go Pyga, maintenance adds up, both time and costs.

I dont like anything too Intense, so I probably wont. :whistling:

So sad.

Amazing how carbon is supposedly "always better" than alloy.

Back to the topic on hand: Dawels, seeing as you've taken a Stumpy for a spin already, find a Pyga to ride first and then compare. You may be surprised...

Edited by Martin Hattingh

Just considering maintenance costs I'd skip Spez and go Pyga, maintenance adds up, both time and costs.

How so. If you fit both with the same groupset. How can there be a difference. Both can be bought as a frame only and specced to your level.

So sad.

Amazing how carbon is supposedly "always better" than alloy.

Back to the topic on hand: Dawels, seeing as you've taken a Stumpy for a spin already, find a Pyga to ride first and then compare. You may be surprised...

I want to know why Pyga charge that amount for a alu bike, what justifies that. You can buy a Alu Giant, Spez, Scott, Merida, Titan, Santa Cruz etc etc, all of them, the Alu model is much cheaper than carbon. Now listen carefully, not saying its better, just much cheaper. Pyga charge carbon prices for a Alu frame.

marketing?

...and the opinion of someone who hasn't ridden much other than Spez.

Nothing wrong with Specialized (they build great bikes), but jeez, there are also amazing (and quite often much better) other machines out there.

Both can be bought as a frame only and specced to your level.

Except that Spez bolts all sorts of proprietary stuff onto their bikes which only they support and provide spares for.

Except that Spez bolts all sorts of proprietary stuff onto their bikes which only they support and provide spares for.

It is called innovation. :ph34r: Both great bikes, no doubt.