AmaShova 2014

Dazshell

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish...I don't know about this wind.....I cut my road ride short this morning, got fed up being blown off my bike by the crosswinds. Hopefully better for you guys tomorrow. :(

Eish...I don't know about this wind.....I cut my road ride short this morning, got fed up being blown off my bike by the crosswinds. Hopefully better for you guys tomorrow. :(

If this afternoon is rough = then we should be safe tomorrow morning. I think there are gonna be some very uncomfortable folks on the road post-noon tomorrow.

Incentive to drive the pace hard tomorrow >:3

Had a good leg loosener this morning. Wind is a bit gusty and was more westerly this morning but turning a bit now...nothing too harsh for anyone from the Cape though ;)

Feel free to greet me if you see me at the start or during the ride. I'll be the only guy there in SportsWorld kit. :)

Knobblies, Maxis UST.

depends what you weigh but I would say quite hard I'm also on Knobblies going about 35psi and I weigh 95kg

If this afternoon is rough = then we should be safe tomorrow morning. I think there are gonna be some very uncomfortable folks on the road post-noon tomorrow.

Incentive to drive the pace hard tomorrow >:3

I'm no weight weenie, but my 67kg was not enough to keep my bike on the road with all those gusts. Maybe tomorrow will be a day for the buffaloes to triumph if the wind carries on...... Edited by blondeonabike

Broke a spoke on thos morning's ride. Luckily Solomon Cycles were at the expo as they phoned Mike (at the shop). R85 later and I walked out with a fixed tandem wheel, but slso spent another R400 on stuff i didn't have to buy. Service was friendly, fast and efficient - spending the extra was, well... you understand

Broke a spoke on thos morning's ride. Luckily Solomon Cycles were at the expo as they phoned Mike (at the shop). R85 later and I walked out with a fixed tandem wheel, but slso spent another R400 on stuff i didn't have to buy. Service was friendly, fast and efficient - spending the extra was, well... you understand

The staff at Durban Soloman's are fantastic. They blow me away weekly. Love those guys.

Eish, thunder and rain has started  :eek: . Good job we're not racing today.

Before packing a speedo instead of bibs, I decided to check all the main weather sites again.

Happily, the general consensus is weather very similar to last year: Cool, cloudy and R-L crosswinds that will get stronger as the day progresses.

What pressure on MTB wheels? (29'r tubeless)

Check the pressure range on your tyres and pump to the max recommended pressure. It's a road race after all :)

Check the pressure range on your tyres and pump to the max recommended pressure. It's a road race after all :)

that's what I did will see if there is some off-road tracks along the way just to remind my bike that it is a MTB