Weight Weenie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all,

Bike Hub has launched a sister (or brother) website called Trail Hub. Much like what we have here with events, news, articles, reviews (to come) and forums where you can talk all things trail running.

You can login with your Bike Hub details so no need to remember another username and password. Should you pick up any glitches in the Matrix, please let us know by clicking on "Contact Us"

www.trailhub.co.za

And to stay connected:

Instagram: @trailhub_za

Twitter:      @trailhub_za

Facebook: Trail Hub

attachicon.gifTH.PNG

Brilliant Iwan except that there is so little action on the site I really do think that you need to do a little marketing through Bikehub regarding the new site. It was by pure fluke that I managed to find the site through a fellow Hubber. I will certainly get my fellow Trailies who aren't cyclists to sign up and participate and urge other Trailrunners to do the same.

If we all introduce just two running mates we should be able to develop some traction.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SO I have been trying to run a bit again. I have no issue with anything under about 7km but as soon as I go over that I get burn under my ball of my foot under the big toe...anyone else have this problem? Or what can it be?

I have been tested twice at different places a couple of years ago and they said I am neutral prognation, so don't know if that has changed or or....

I bought new shoes over the weekend (no didn't do a test again) so planning to go run this week sometime to see if it is still there, but just asking in the meaintime.

post-24697-0-61199200-1462795485_thumb.png

SO I have been trying to run a bit again. I have no issue with anything under about 7km but as soon as I go over that I get burn under my ball of my foot under the big toe...anyone else have this problem? Or what can it be?

I have been tested twice at different places a couple of years ago and they said I am neutral prognation, so don't know if that has changed or or....

I bought new shoes over the weekend (no didn't do a test again) so planning to go run this week sometime to see if it is still there, but just asking in the meaintime.

attachicon.giff.png

Does this happen with one pair of shoes or all pairs? And what shoes are you wearing? Also, both feet or one foot?

Does this happen with one pair of shoes or all pairs? And what shoes are you wearing? Also, both feet or one foot?

I have only ran over that distance with one pair - New Balance 880 (was referring to road running.....yes I know this is a trail running tread, but I thought the people here will have road experience too)

Both feet.

Might be the shoes - especially if they are old or have a lot of km's on them. Fitting may also be an issue - like tight shoes (you can re-lace your shoes in various ways to help with this). Pronation / gait issues typically cause ankle / lower problems. I've had similar issues with a specific pair of ASICS. They used a cheaper rubber compound on the outsole that did not wear well. New shoes solved the issue.

If you can, try and wear a completely different pair for the same distance to see what happens.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im a trail runner originally, who had an operation on my calves in July and for rehab was only allowed to cycle and swim. I only cycled and got a little addicted to mountain biking. So Im very new to mtbing... Now I have to juggle doing both. Next tril run focus race is the African-X ... afterwards hope to do my first mtb stage race too...find the fitness actually carries over quite well in my case.

attachicon.giff.png

Sounds like Metatarsalgia - sometimes known as a stone bruise, google it and look at the stretches and exercises you can look at to help it.

• 1 year later...

How would you trail runners rate Adidas in terms of their trail running shoes?

I have my eyes on this pair:

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/adidas-mens-terrex-cmtk-1/4686

Theres a cool website called runrepeat. They collate a bunch of reviews and put out an 'overall' view. 

The Reebok Terrex in general rank pretty highly, this specific one it seems not so much though.

have a play on the website. I find its more of a use it/don't use it output. 

https://runrepeat.com/ranking/rankings-of-trail-running-shoes 

Theres a cool website called runrepeat. They collate a bunch of reviews and put out an 'overall' view.

The Reebok Terrex in general rank pretty highly, this specific one it seems not so much though.

have a play on the website. I find its more of a use it/don't use it output.

https://runrepeat.com/ranking/rankings-of-trail-running-shoes

Thanks

Yeh I Googled the review for those Adidas last night and came across that site, was just wondering what the Hubber trail runners thought of them. They haven't got a bad review on that site, but what makes me like them already is that the outsole of the shoe is Continental rubber, and has the same lug profile as the Continental Mountain King bike tyre :ph34r:

Edited by WeekendWarrior80