Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Good point. And I remember seeing something about a Burry Stander ltd edition for about 15kUSD

Those are not bikes... they are works of art!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this article was inspiring and glad it got sorted

In actual fact It was motivated me and my father in law to confront the guy who sold us 2 fake bikes.

An tips on how to approach him.

He sold my father in law a pinarello, which after watching carte blanche we can confirm is a fake. And after we asked him at least 3 times he confirmed it is a original pinarello.

And he sold me a rebranded cervelo s5, also multiple times I asked is it a geniune Cervelo and it was confirmed multiple times. and my lbs confirmed its a fake.

Only dif is we didn't pay 90k, we payed just over 35k each. So you might argue we got what we payd for. But he explicitly said its the genuine thing on multiple occasions and in front f multiple witnesses, and he is planning opening his own shop in randburg, so this might happen to more people soon, so if we can stop it now, we can also prevent future people from being scamed.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. I think that there are going to be a quite a few cases of this, and I bet the 2nd hand market will come under major scrutiny as well. I would hate to think how many fake bikes are out there without people having so much as a clue.

Morning Hubbers

So Andrew purchased a FAKE Dogma for the full price as a genuine Dogma !!

Now why would a person having been to that store knowingly purchase it and take it with him to Sydney to get it serviced ??

Inital letter to Andrew stated they sold client a Grey product so still legit but not through proper channels but admit selling not one but two FAKE bikes on Carte Blanche !

Admitting to selling FAKE goods on TV ???

SARS and Customs going to be knocking on those doors very soon.

All this could have been avoided by simply admitting to their error to Andrew reimbursing him for the sale this would have been avoided !!

Now its tooooo late !!!

Morning Hubbers

So Andrew purchased a FAKE Dogma for the full price as a genuine Dogma !!

Now why would a person having been to that store knowingly purchase it and take it with him to Sydney to get it serviced ??

Inital letter to Andrew stated they sold client a Grey product so still legit but not through proper channels but admit selling not one but two FAKE bikes on Carte Blanche !

Admitting to selling FAKE goods on TV ???

SARS and Customs going to be knocking on those doors very soon.

All this could have been avoided by simply admitting to their error to Andrew reimbursing him for the sale this would have been avoided !!

Now its tooooo late !!!

agree 100% , CS should never of let it get to where it is at .

they should of done damage control when this issue began

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. I think that there are going to be a quite a few cases of this, and I bet the 2nd hand market will come under major scrutiny as well. I would hate to think how many fake bikes are out there without people having so much as a clue.

Any tips on approaching this?

What can we do if he refuses to do a refund?

Since he doesn't have a business yet, it won't have the same affect when going to the press

I trust that, even if they had reimbursed him, AA would still have gone all out (including CB) to expose this.

By doing so, he has saved many a person heartache.

Since he doesn't have a business yet, it won't have the same affect when going to the press

Get a good lawyer :thumbup:

I trust that, even if they had reimbursed him, AA would still have gone all out (including CB) to expose this.

I don't agree,i think that if this was settled properly it would never of gone this far or taken this route.

Brogue, relax dude!

You've only attacked every noob to join thehub and more this thread, we were all noobs!

He never attacked me... but I'm big enough and ugly enough to defend myself... but more importantly, cleaver enough not to make stupid comments like the crud we are seeing from these other NOOB's...

#boguespaintsamightyfinescooter

He never attacked me... but I'm big enough and ugly enough to defend myself... but more importantly, cleaver enough not to make stupid comments like the crud we are seeing from these other NOOB's...

#boguespaintsamightyfinescooter

:thumbup:

I think CS would have been scared and at the risk of been exposed and hopefully grown a conscience contacted their other customers that purchased a FAKE bike reimbursed them what was rightfully due to them !

But time will tell now .......

Find a good lawyer or lay charge of fraud against him at your local SAPS office.

Those are not bikes... they are works of art!

Good point. And I remember seeing something about a Burry Stander ltd edition for about 15kUSD

1529971_595022103915771_1711252631_o.jpg

Edited by gummibear

The fong kong bike was sold for 90k.

A legit bike was bought in Aus for 80k.

The dude from ASG, reckons that it would sell here for 150k.

Its not just Cycle Science that are ripping people off, its ASG as well. Yes I understand that people are entitled to make money and earn a living and blah. But the bike shop in Aus is also making money and earning a living and blah.

But to have to pay double the amount in SA - is just disgusting.

To the judgemental idiot guy, a couple of pages earlier, who said that he wouldn't have spent 90k with a guy wearing baggies and a t-shirt, yeah because well dressed people never rip people off, or sell fong kongs //sarcasm off//