Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a question, are there fakes for other brands as well? like scott, silverback, GT etc ?

There are knock offs of these bikes too. With the unique look of the Pinarello and the high profile client base, it's the one that seems to have the most copy cats.

The chinese carbon thread is very informative and everyone will have different opinions on the stuff from there. I myself do not have a problem with a carbon chinese bike as long as it does not attempt to fake another brand. Like all things you need to sift through alot of it to find what you are looking for if you are maintaining your own ethics.

just a question, are there fakes for other brands as well? like scott, silverback, GT etc ?

There are knock offs of these bikes too. With the unique look of the Pinarello and the high profile client base, it's the one that seems to have the most copy cats.

As the saying goes "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Pinarello is the most counterfeited frame out there, due to it's premium "real world" price.

That odd. The registration page asks you to register to receive the warranty termsand conditions. Maybe they mail it too you once registered. Look took about 8 hrs to mail confirmation of registration

This is the email I received

GT Product Registration

Your product registration information is located below. Registration Date Product Serial Number 04/09/2014 GT Sanction ***************

If there are any issues with the above information please contact customer service at customerservice@pacific-cycle.com or 1-800-843-2453.

I need to buy an iPod for my kids - do you think I can get a deal from Cycle Science?

:-O

Yes there is watch this space........

I see Cyclelab is advertising already "get real Pinarello at fake prices" and 20% discount on trade-in of fake frames. It means the guys who tried to sidestep them are now doing better than those who bought from them in the first place. Also wondering if you cant import a really cheap copy, trade it in and still come out ahead?

Ok

been out of town/offline for the last week, looks like there's an additional 40+ pages.

Can someone give me the short of it, saw a Carte Blance coverage on Sunday, good example of how to sink your own business...

Saying the customer forced your because he can't afford to pay more to sell him a fake, hmm, oops customer then spend money buying the real think in Aus, ye he had a money problem...

So we know of 3 customers, has more come to light since?

Shop still open?

Anyone else that the first guy get his money back?

G

This is the email I received

GT Product Registration

Your product registration information is located below. Registration Date Product Serial Number 04/09/2014 GT Sanction ***************

If there are any issues with the above information please contact customer service at customerservice@pacific-cycle.com or 1-800-843-2453.

Ok suggest you mail them and ask them about it then. Would be curious to find the answer because Cannondale agents said warranty is 5 years but the site says Lifetime.

Ok suggest you mail them and ask them about it then. Would be curious to find the answer because Cannondale agents said warranty is 5 years but the site says Lifetime.

Will do

Sadly I have not been able get a refund from Cycle Science (CS) for the fake frame and accessories I purchased from them. In fact, if anything their newfound notoriety has emboldened them. The sky hasn’t fallen. This is what CS proposed: initial cost of the fake bike R91,000 less R51,000 for Campag Record EPS, less R,1,500 for saddle (which is fake but they insist otherwise), less R1,000 for two tyres and tubes. Proposed refund R37,500. (The attorney on record for CS did not respond to emails enquiring whether he was still the attorney on record. I know you couldn't make this up, it is like a parallel universe.)

The insouciance with which they presented this offer, once again, a handwritten note with arbitrary numbers scribbled on it, shows for some at least, crime does indeed does pay. The fact that it can be business as usual after their scam is exposed in the media demonstrates that the wheels of commercial law turn slowly if at all. On the face of it, it seems it is up to the individual or companies to pursue illegal business practices while the state does nothing unless prodded to do so.

I disagree, in part, with one comment on this forum that says, South Africa should forget about fraudulent sale and worry about bigger problems. (I am not saying we shouldn’t tackle the other problems he highlighted in his post.) But if the authorities do not proactively enforce commercial law and intellectual property rights we can expect an ineluctable decline in honest businesses. How can they compete? Even in this post a large number of people suggested I should have known better and stop being a crybaby. The victim of a crime is somehow complicit in defrauding himself.

Some have suggested that I should go to the police and lay a charge. Besides the fact that I am in Amsterdam, why should I have to? Has no member of the police force read the posts on The Hub or seen the perpetrators of a blatant fraud on TV? Don't police have a duty to catch criminals; surely it is in their job description? “Catch baddies”. Perhaps as Mr. Corleoni said to me in this post, we should shut up and let crime pay; John and Robbie have families to feed.

Sadly I have not been able get a refund from Cycle Science (CS) for the fake frame and accessories I purchased from them. In fact, if anything their newfound notoriety has emboldened them. The sky hasn’t fallen. This is what CS proposed: initial cost of the fake bike R91,000 less R51,000 for Campag Record EPS, less R,1,500 for saddle (which is fake but they insist otherwise), less R1,000 for two tyres and tubes. Proposed refund R37,500. (The attorney on record for CS did not respond to emails enquiring whether he was still the attorney on record. I know you couldn't make this up, it is like a parallel universe.)

The insouciance with which they presented this offer, once again, a handwritten note with arbitrary numbers scribbled on it, shows for some at least, crime does indeed does pay. The fact that it can be business as usual after their scam is exposed in the media demonstrates that the wheels of commercial law turn slowly if at all. On the face of it, it seems it is up to the individual or companies to pursue illegal business practices while the state does nothing unless prodded to do so.

I disagree, in part, with one comment on this forum that says, South Africa should forget about fraudulent sale and worry about bigger problems. (I am not saying we shouldn’t tackle the other problems he highlighted in his post.) But if the authorities do not proactively enforce commercial law and intellectual property rights we can expect an ineluctable decline in honest businesses. How can they compete? Even in this post a large number of people suggested I should have known better and stop being a crybaby. The victim of a crime is somehow complicit in defrauding himself.

Some have suggested that I should go to the police and lay a charge. Besides the fact that I am in Amsterdam, why should I have to? Has no member of the police force read the posts on The Hub or seen the perpetrators of a blatant fraud on TV? Don't police have a duty to catch criminals; surely it is in their job description? “Catch baddies”. Perhaps as Mr. Corleoni said to me in this post, we should shut up and let crime pay; John and Robbie have families to feed.

if the cops don't get them, I really hope the cycling public votes worth their wallet. Word of mouth must have done some serious damage.

Then again, some of the really big players came out of the price fixing scandal without much fuss, and that was a far bigger crime and middle finger to the cycling public in my mind. We wait and see.

Ps. AA, what you doing in Amsterdam at 5am, getting ready for a ride??!!