Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 47 and still no reply from Cycle Science.......holy wak never have I seen such resolute a decision to get screwed over in public.......

Really guys man up and sort out, I am even thinking of driving there from Ptown just to go see what they look like......lol.

Wake up Bean, read a few pages back

buying used bikes and knowing so has no relevance to this thread as is about buying new and real and being told so and then finding out it is fake. Risk tolerance is not an issue here as there is no risk as is a new buy !!

The only issue here is that cycle science sold a fake as a real item and as such was a fraudulent act !!

What is next from these EXPERTS ???. That I should have used the word ADVISE and not ADVICE ?? ?? I put it to you............. Aaag , I rest my case . Ha ha

Lawyers gonna love this one . He said, you said bla bla bla $$$$$$$$$$

I DONT KNOW looking at there letter i seem to think mr armstrong, can afford a "different level" of assistance

quite right, but you had said you don't pay vat in SA if you paid it overseas......

oh and you still have to pay VAT on 2nd hand goods......and get an import permit from ITAC......well if you bought is 2nd hand that is......

anyways, back to the main show!

Yes that what I said because that's how the rules are applied in practise.

Lets keep this to bicycles here bcause these are classified as sporting goods and since they have a different tariff code no ITAC import permit is required unless you are importing to resell i.e. you are a vendor.

Yes that what I said because that's how the rules are applied in practise.

Lets keep this to bicycles here bcause these are classified as sporting goods and since they have a different tariff code no ITAC import permit is required unless you are importing to resell i.e. you are a vendor.

ITAC issues import permits for personal use as well.......

http://www.itac.org.za/docs_page.asp?dID=15&cID=1&scID=2

Call me if you need any help with Customs clearing - happy to,assist.

Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill here...but, who is spraying these bikes? Is the shop doing these remarkable paint-jobs, or a local artist? If it is a third party artist, surely they should also confronted about their work? And if so, their integrity is the same as a shop that willingly sells fakes. It all stinks

Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill here...but, who is spraying these bikes? Is the shop doing these remarkable paint-jobs, or a local artist? If it is a third party artist, surely they should also confronted about their work? And if so, their integrity is the same as a shop that willingly sells fakes. It all stinks

how would a shop that is spraying the bikes know the *** that these guys are getting up to???, spraying new bikes is as i said before not that unusual many guys want bikes sprayed before they take them

Haven't read all the pages, but in summary:

A bike shop with a physical location sold a fake/counterfeit bike claiming it was original, in the process ripping off an innocent customer.

Customer voices that he is unhappy with bike shop and instead of bike shop trying to sort issue as quickly as possible, gets "someone" to post their lawyers response (which makes me feel they know they are guilty as...)

Feel sorry for this chap, cr*ppy situation... Hope you sort them out properly!

Ai ai ai.. a fake is a fake no matter how 'grey' they want it to be, or how nice it rides. . It is illegal.. so lock em up.

I wonder if we can get this to a hundred pager? Is this already the most viewed /commented thread by a first time poster? Must be everyone is dik keen to chat cycling and epic has left a vacuum

Lawyers gonna love this one . He said, you said bla bla bla $$$$$$$$$$

Yip yip

What a waste

Did the OP request a Chinerello be spayed as a Pinarello or did he think he was buying a Pinarello?