ABSA Cape Epic 2015

Sasquatch

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absa Cape Epic: RACE Bunch sprint! @TeamTopeakErgon finish together and take second narrowly pipping @investecam_sa - @TeamBulls take 4th

Next in @TeamTopeakErgon 2 in 5th and @MeridaRacing in 6th

SpecializedZA: Its not the stage win, but the Specialized Team of @jaroslavkulhavy and @sauserwind riding tactically #coolcalmcollected Staying in Yellow

The face of victory today @PhilBuys @AfricanMTBteam

CAczmFwWwAAl7dg.jpg

Absa Cape Epic: RACE Bunch sprint! @TeamTopeakErgon finish together and take second narrowly pipping @investecam_sa - @TeamBulls take 4th

Next in @TeamTopeakErgon 2 in 5th and @MeridaRacing in 6th

SpecializedZA: Its not the stage win, but the Specialized Team of @jaroslavkulhavy and @sauserwind riding tactically #coolcalmcollected Staying in Yellow

The face of victory today @PhilBuys @AfricanMTBteam

CAczmFwWwAAl7dg.jpg

i expected a harsher cycling tan...

WTF? why did he lean it against the lions fence? Nie baie slim nie .

I wonder how well the silicone digests in the lions tummy?

11078798_916420528378811_1704812104_n.jp

Elation! Happy to be home after a hot day in the saddle! Another stage win for @annika.langvad & @arianekleinhans!

11078798_916420528378811_1704812104_n.jp

Elation! Happy to be home after a hot day in the saddle! Another stage win for @annika.langvad & @arianekleinhans!

they could have stopped in Worcester to get their hair and nails done before coming in and still would have won the stage.

WTF? why did he lean it against the lions fence? 

I wonder how well the silicone digests in the lions tummy?

Reckon its a 'get on tv/ twitter/ social media attention seek' stunt...

...which worked.

Gonna stick my neck out here.

Langvad and Kleinhans are spectacular and have created some of the best stories of the race. Full value for money.

But is the rest of the ladies race really worth equal prize money? Only 21 ladies teams competing. At end of Stage 3. only 6 within one hour of the leaders (after the 1 hour penalty). 8th position is 2 hours down (ie 3 hours riding) which is approx 17%. In the mens race there are 31 teams within 3 hours of the leaders.

Perhaps the prize money should only go down to position 5 to sharpen the competition. Keep the winners purse equal to the mens.

Interested in other peoples' opinions. Maybe it would just be too unPC to consider this.

Kimberly Webb: The Outcast Crew has grown #ConquerAsOne@Stiebi90 @Adriaan_Kief @AbsaCapeEpic @IronSally1 @centurionvaude @TeamBulls

CAdAIw8XEAAUiO1.jpg

CAb5t3oWoAA-50I.jpg

Archived