What to upgrade first

TLK

Good day all

I am in a bit of a predicament.

I have the option to upgrade either the wheels or groupset on my road bike.

If I upgrade the wheels I would go with a full carbon clincher

or

If I upgrade the groupset then I am looking at the Shimano Di2 electric gears ect.

Which would you recommend doing first?

and would make the biggest impact on my cycling?

I have a Bianchi Sempre Pro and I have already upgraded all the contact points and some other things on the bike just for some extra info.

Many thanks in advance

And just so it sounds like an echo..... WHEELS ALWAYS the wheels first!

Edited by Tubehunter

Sorry I forgot to mention what I have on the bike already.

Groupset = Campagnolo Athena 11 speed

Wheels = Campagnolo Vento Reaction

Thanks for the replies so far

Wheels. But keep in mind if you plan to change the Groupset later to Shimano, you will also have to change the freewheel body and cluster. So get a set of wheels where the freewheel body doesn't cost you a small fortune, and is also easy to get.

Wheels. But keep in mind if you plan to change the Groupset later to Shimano, you will also have to change the freewheel body and cluster. So get a set of wheels where the freewheel body doesn't cost you a small fortune, and is also easy to get.

erm... being doff here, maybe - but why can't you use a campy 11 speed cluster with an 11speed campy chain on a shimano gruppo? You don't HAVE to take the shimano cassette...

Haha, so funny. My second bike is a merida tfs 500 donkey and I put new wheels and brakes on it. Mad a huge difference. Now if only I can shave some weight off the lead pipe frame. :)

Campagnolo wheels with shimaNO parts is not ideal less even on a Bianchi. Invest in a good set of wheels rather and save up for Campag EPS. Keep your current wheels for training. Is your Sempre compatible for an electronic drivetrain?

It is Illegal to put Shimano components on a Bianchi or any Italian bike for that matter.

So go EPS or Wheels and those wheels had better be Campagnolo!!! :ph34r: :whistling: