Sani2C Noob asking for advice

Oxter

people seem to be going overboard here..multiple tubes every day...spare brake pads on the trail....just make sure your kit is up to scratch before and then have one spare of all the important stuff. last year was wet and muddy on day 2 and my brakes did not even think about wearing out (are people braking too much??)

as for the gippo guts...wash your hands regularly and carry hand sanitizer around with you

My biggest thing i learnt is that..make sure everything fits in a big bag hat fits in your box, so when you hand in your box you have a bag to carry your stuff off in

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want the time to enjoy the experience after the actual ride, book a maintenance package with one of the service providers. That way you dont need to worry about your bike until the next morning! Just hand it in, letting them know if you had any mechanicals, and they do the rest. Pick your bike up in th morning and ride! Also means you dont need to carry too many spares as they will carry most brands. Just take your credit card with!!

Gives you chance to enjoy the vibe, even if you have a mechanical. Last thing you want is to be trying to sort your own bike out at midnight under the light of your headlamp!

Just my 2c worth - enjoy! Fantastic event!!!

Best you get a piecost too

Oh, I haven't had one of those. But I hear a baatfore can also work

people seem to be going overboard here..multiple tubes every day...spare brake pads on the trail....just make sure your kit is up to scratch before and then have one spare of all the important stuff. last year was wet and muddy on day 2 and my brakes did not even think about wearing out (are people braking too much??)

as for the gippo guts...wash your hands regularly and carry hand sanitizer around with you

My biggest thing i learnt is that..make sure everything fits in a big bag hat fits in your box, so when you hand in your box you have a bag to carry your stuff off in

If your brakes didnt wear out then you had metal pads. Believe me from bitter experience when i did everything in mud - epic, sani, barberton etc, you can wear a set of resin pads in 30 minutes.

Small "something fibre, super absorbent, quick drying" towel,

Tripod type mini foldable chair makes life a lot easier.

Plastic bags for shoes. If it rains, you don't want them in the tent.

I alos heard a tip to get shoes dry is a kids disposable nappy. Putting on soaking wet shoes is a pain.

I alos heard a tip to get shoes dry is a kids disposable nappy. Putting on soaking wet shoes is a pain.

Or just news paper. I use that quite frequently.

Think you guys are soft, dry shoes will be wet within 30 minutes anyway. What is that saying..... Oh yea HTFU

newspaper...still lekker to have partly dry shoes in the morning

If your brakes didnt wear out then you had metal pads. Believe me from bitter experience when i did everything in mud - epic, sani, barberton etc, you can wear a set of resin pads in 30 minutes.

good point..Yes - I use metal pads..I tried resin pads once and my regular mid week ride includes a 500m up 500m down 15 k loop and those resin pads were useless

The 1 little luxury I always enjoy at these races, is all my favourite rock music on my I-pod. It makes flying, which I hate, go faster. It blocks out the hubbub of the race village if you feel like chilling a bit. It even drowns out the snorers. (Riding with it is illegal btw)