Sani2C Noob asking for advice

Oxter

Dont want to carry to much around, if i need another tube i can purchase it there from supliers

Thanks guys

Take 2 tubes. Your best bet is to go to Cyclelab - I saw on the weekend that they are selling 29er tubes that have been vacuum packed so they take up very little space. Only problem with them is that they are not pre-slimed but thats not a train smash.

Best advice I got was to pack your riding kit for each day in a large zip lock bag so you have 3 "packs". Makes it easy on the day to get ready.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I took to put in my box:

post-24697-0-08259200-1396596004_thumb.jpg

Carry with everyday:

post-24697-0-11571500-1396596063_thumb.jpg

Having to fit some of my 'faffing around' partner's things into my box too, because with 50min to start he still has not started packing his box:

post-24697-0-62783700-1396596287_thumb.jpg

EDIT....you can clearly see from looking at our neighbours that we were last to leave the tents :D

Edited by hayleyearth

Hey Patches,

You the guy with a green bike(did not see the make) and riding with a lady?

How do you know when you ask for advise on the hub, you're not speaking to this guy?......post-24958-0-43643200-1396596029_thumb.jpg

That picture looks all to familiar :whistling:

Hey Patches,

You the guy with a green bike(did not see the make) and riding with a lady?

**see pic above this post** :ph34r: :whistling:

**see pic above this post** :ph34r: :whistling:

Somehow got my colours mixed up!!

We had a few chats with you guys on the route, we were the slow ones on white Bianchi's, due to fitness rather than illness!

Make sure you are running sintered metal brake pads, cause if it rains and you get in to mud with Resin pads you will have no brakes in half an hour.

I would make sure my brake pads are new metal and carry a spare set with me as well as having a third set in my bags. You can never have enough.

Carry a chain lube in your backpack. I always had some lube, a small bottle, 2 x powerlinks, a chain breaker and a set of brake pads, gear cables plus a space blanket.All in a waterproof pouch with your phone in it.

Secondly take a set of ear plugs, and i took some mild sleeping tabs and a sleeping mask from a plane. Tose tent walls are thin.

And some two ply loo roll.

And a good head lamp.

Plus some serious chamois cream and some massage oil.

Oh... my sani partner may come on here and tell everyone how I had so much stuff with me that I couldn't fit it all in the designated trunks, so I had to put some of it in theirs. :ph34r:

If so, don't listen to them...

it's all a lie! :lol:

Rumour has it SHE carried your box around too.... :)

Wait..... that's not a rumour is it...

Somehow got my colours mixed up!!

We had a few chats with you guys on the route, we were the slow ones on white Bianchi's, due to fitness rather than illness!

Hey yeah! I remember you guys!

At times when HayleyEarth was far ahead and I felt like I was struggling, it was cool to have you guys alongde so I didn't feel like I was dying alone!

You doing it again this year?

jip, we will again make sure everyone gets in, so will be riding near the back again!! Never seen a guy so happy when we told you just around the corner there is some single track on day two!

Small "something fibre, super absorbent, quick drying" towel,

Tripod type mini foldable chair makes life a lot easier.

Plastic bags for shoes. If it rains, you don't want them in the tent.

if in doubt leave it at home, pack lite, u get 3 jackets from them so don't worry to much about that type of stuff, have another bag for after the race, when you collect your car you will find the small bag u took along no longer fits with all the free stuff u get.

if in doubt leave it at home, pack lite, u get 3 jackets from them so don't worry to much about that type of stuff, have another bag for after the race, when you collect your car you will find the small bag u took along no longer fits with all the free stuff u get.

Good advise here, pack light and leave room for the free stuff.