specialized warranty experience, good bad or ugly

SBRA

Only thing you and your sister did now with your dishonest dealings was make Specialized even more weary of people trying to scam them. So new time a honest guy walk in and says "Sorry but I don't have slip" they just turn him away.

I know of Epic 2 frames that had small cracks in them ... they were exchanged no questions asked.

Just think how many Specialized bikes get sold.There must be a lot off people that are just dishonest and try milk Specialized.

PS I also own a pair of S-work MTB shoes and I really abuse them big time, but I've never damaged them from washing :thumbdown: Does not sound right :ph34r: :huh:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent in a prevail for a crash replacement, I did not have a proof of purchase other than the credit card transaction and date.

Specialized Lynnwood pulled the proof of purchase of their systems.

No issues with a replacement.

Judging from your couple of posts here I am making the assumption that honesty does not rank high in you value system. Neither does integrity.

Hi Yael…

First of all our warranty policy only covers the first owner of the product, so your sister was in fact not entitled to claim warranty to begin with, your sister also stated to Rupert that She was the original owner of the product.

We made an exception in her case as I was under the impression that She was the original owner and that a proof of purchase could not be pulled from the stores system or presented by the owner.

In addition we received an official letter head from Concept Cyclery stating that the shoes were purchased in store around July/ August 2013.

These MTB shoes were also relatively new in terms of the overall look and condition, these shoes were in fact technically speaking 2008-2010 model MTB shoes as they were replaced by a newer version during 2011.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Maaske

Warranty Manager

Specialized Bicycles Africa

www.specialized.com

Fax: 0862365642

Office: +27 21 808 7333

Direct line: +27 21 808 7323

So I see you don't mind throwing Concept Cyclery under the bus?

They put their name on the line to help your sister, Spez didn't decide to warranty the shoes because they made a random decision or bent the rules, Concept Cyclery put their weight and name behind your sister and Spez relied on that.

You pay cash and don't bother to keep receipts and your "much loved" Lbs doesn't show you love back in supporting your warranty, ie finding the invoice date and doing a reprint but now you slamming the Spez warranty guys?

The problem is with your Lbs not Spez, for future purchases maybe try groveling over to concept cyclery(with your sister) and see if they can forgive you, although you probably on Spez's scam watch list by now so that's probably not going to help future claims anyway...

I don't support the rabid Spez fans much but this is bullsh1te!

Edited by Skylark

Spez gave me good service wrt replacements:

Tyre that blew its sidewall after about 3 months usage

Road saddle after 14 months use

Cracked seatpost on a Venge

Have a Sworks road shoe that I've used for 3,5 years so far. No problems with it.

Had an issue with with the seat post tube being too large on my Epic; which resulted in the seat post making a clicking sound when riding. Once the issue was identified they had a new bike for me in 3 days, so in my personal experience they honour their warranties when it comes to the bikes. :thumbup:

Accessories and shoes can't really comment but you don't really hear of that stuff failing..?

Edited by Markdeep

I cracked 2 2014 epic frames within 3 months, last one 2 weeks before the epic. Replaced no questions asked and within 3 days. As for apparel I understand that they can be a bit sticky about things. Had a cracked helmet bought in Switzerland and they needed proof of payment. So bought a new one and will report back on their service once back in Switzerland. Apparel are high wear items and different people treat their things differently. As for me, I would be happy with a discount on a new item, if it can be replaced then that's even better. If it breaks within a month, then I think you could fight for a free replacement, therefore the proof of purchase. All in all I have not had a bad experience with specialized after sales service.

I had a bike that had 2 broken rear triangles in 6 months and finally a cracked frame. Replaced with a new frame, no problem, but I did have proof of purchase. Also, LBS was very helpful in getting all this done.

Have 2 pairs of their shoes and they have lasted well.

So, I am pretty happy with Specialized.

I'm not a fan of Spez bikes but since they warrantied an 18 month pair of well-used MTB shoes for me many years ago after they tore, I have made a point of repaying their support by supporting them and I only buy Spez shoes, gloves and other accessories.

I have an aluminium Comp Epic Frame that I have claimed twice on in the last three years as a result of cracks in the frame (I'm a big fat guy). I used Concept Cyclery in Melrose Arch and they delivered on the warranty impeccably.

This last claim, however, really confused me. I told them that instead of coming back in a few months time for another claim, I will pay and upgrade to a carbon frame. Specialized, not Melrose Arch, declined this. I cannot understand this logic. Why be so silly about something like this?

Your sisters skirt is probably shorter than yours

I "warrantee" that is the case...

Hell but these Spez frames are getting hammered on this thread! How many of these frames actually last? Never read about so many things cracking/chipping/creaking so much... Think I'll stick to my ell'cheapo merida and bulls :whistling:

I have been to quite a few bike stores and hands down received the best service and advice relating to merchandise from my LBS Cyclefunatic Specialized in durbanville (Justin in particular). I just recently bought a S-Works frame there, now I go there for all apparel and bike accessories etc. always prepared to go the extra mile. Think we need to support our LBS's, can thank our lucky stars its we're not buying from "that pinarello store".

Think this is turning out to be a rave more than a rant.. your post has just made a 'U-turn".. like the others have said above.. honesty, integrity etc will take you places #takeNotes