Fat Loss agents

WRONG I DONE DOUBLE THOSE HOURS GPS TO PROVE IT AND DIET STILL HUGELY OVER WEIGHT, NOT ALWAYS THE CASE MY COMMUTES WERE OVER 8 HOURS A WEEK JUST MY COMMUTES, HARD RIDES

Okay then, most people can eat whatever they like without gaining weight with 6 hours of solid training a week...

I trust there will be exceptions. We were 4 friends that trained for both 70.3 and IM this year. In the months leading up to 70.3, we were doing 6-8 hours a week. No weight gain from anybody, no weight loss, eating what we like and drinking beer etc.

Then we upped the training to 12 hours from January, and all of us dropped roughly 5kg's since January...

So the bottom line is that hard training works a charm for weight loss. You may have to cross train or do something different to what you are doing now, but TRAINING WORKS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we upped the training to 12 hours from January, and all of us dropped roughly 5kg's since January...

So the bottom line is that hard training works a charm for weight loss. You may have to cross train or do something different to what you are doing now, but TRAINING WORKS

You just have to train hard enough to be too tired to eat.... :)

No, training 6 solid hours a week but eating McDonalds 6 solid hours a day won't work. As Eldron says, in order to lose weight, you need to create a coloric deficit. If you burn more than you consume, you'll lose weight, the other way around and you'll gain. Nothing can be simpler.

Do NOT go the Stanozolol route. I know a guy who know's a guy who reckons it's not worth it.

Don't even think about Clenbuterol or Pseudoephedrine, or Mau Huang extract or any stimulants other than Caffiene. It's all banned. Nd it doesn't matter if you're a Pro or if you do a 10 hour 94.7, it's banned, and if you get tested (don't think it only happens at the sharp end of the field), you're a doper, finished n klaar. Read the labels of anything you want to put in your body, and look at the SAIDS banned substance list to make sure all the ingredients are ok.

It's a pain in the ass to have to go to so much trouble as a recreational athlete, and that if you want to cycle in any event you can't be a recreational bodybuilder or weed smoker or pill popper or anything but a competitor, but it is what it is.

I agree with all the Eat less comments. Google intermittent fasting. Been doing it for 6 months, lost 20+ kgs, no supplementation and eating whatever I want to. I eat Lunch and Supper, if i want to eat something in between I do. Dont waste money on products when your body is equipped to do it by itself. Use the money wisely, like spending it on your bike or kit or something of the sort.

I struggled for a while to lose the last 5 kgs that I needed to get to my initial goal weight.

Consider myself very fit, cyle road and mtb sat and sun, and train at the gym high intensity cardio at least 3 times a week.

I made the following changes:

- Had this mantra, you are what you eat. Everytime I wanted something I told myself, is it good for me, and will it benefit my training.

- Started running and swiming to mix things up

- Started eating more lean protein, and always had at least 3 egg whites every day as a snack at 10AM.

- No fruit later than lunchtime

- Dont be afraid of carbs, but stick to brown rice, sweet potatoe etc.

- Lay off the junk food, no crisps, no fried chips, donuts, pastries etc.

- Lay off the bread, in all forms, even the low GI stuff

- Try not eat after 6:30pm

- CLA supplements seem to help

- 70% dark chocholate if you have a sugar craving

- If you want to mars bar or something, ratehr reach for a protein bar,might cost more, but at least you getting some protein in you.

This isnt hard fast rules, but simply what worked for me. I have lost the 5kgs, and am on my way to trying to lose another 2.5kg to get tomy new goal weight.

The biggest difference, I have noticed, is that despite not losing the kgs, I have lost inches, and have slowly built up the muscle.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and this is a gradual process, do not expect results in 4 weeks, but stick to it, and after 3 months you will definitly notice the difference.

I still heve the odd cheat day, and will demolish a pizza at least once a week, but you need to reward yourself.

Edited by The Big Bad Norm

Guest EdEdEd

Eat LESS..... it does work... :)

I'd rather train harder than eat less... i like food too much!

(EDIT: thats why im fat)

Edited by EdEdEd

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!!! You need decent blood sugar levels to train hard, so I eat well in the morning, you do not need 2l coke, steak and chips to recover! I still weigh what I did in high school despite popping three babies. I have no control over wrinkles and all the other things that come with getting older, but I have the final say over the size of my bum! :D

I agree with all the Eat less comments. Google intermittent fasting. Been doing it for 6 months, lost 20+ kgs, no supplementation and eating whatever I want to. I eat Lunch and Supper, if i want to eat something in between I do. Dont waste money on products when your body is equipped to do it by itself. Use the money wisely, like spending it on your bike or kit or something of the sort.

Check out leangains.com for tips on intermittent fasting and training fasted

Anecdotal evidence alert.

Crossfit and eating healthy. My wife lost went from 64-52Kgs in three months.

Crossfits 3x a week. Cut the snacks and the booze.

Fresh foods. the less processed the better

The whole group dynamic does make it a bit easier.

you will k@k the first few times

Disclaimer: consult your physician before blah blah blah.

Check out leangains.com for tips on intermittent fasting and training fasted

Thats the site I used at first. Then read some of Brad Pilons material and if you want some slapstick comedy on intermitten fasting then check out the videos of the Hodge twins, although most intermittent fasting protocols are more resistance training oriented.

The only challenge I found was adjusting eating closer to race days or long rides, but I just ate high carbs all day the day before and problem was sorted. Then reverted back to eating between 12 and 8pm after long rides/races.

I'd rather train harder than eat less... i like food too much!

(EDIT: thats why im fat)

Ha,Ha.... I love food too, thats why I dont keep the good stuff lying around. I do a once a week splurge, its planned and premeditated, I buy it, I eat it, and its then over......

Ha,Ha.... I love food too, thats why I dont keep the good stuff lying around. I do a once a week splurge, its planned and premeditated, I buy it, I eat it, and its then over......

One of my main reasons for cycling is so that I can eat ***! I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth and cycling allows me to satisfy said tooth.

I'd rather exercise 3 hours a week extra and eat more than skip on the snacks/treats.

Premeditated snacking??? That's not sacriliscious at all!

Here is the diet I mentioned earlier in this thread. Please note that it does not work if you dont do intense exercise at least 5 days a week for 1-3 hrs. Take any diet supplement you want on this except one with calories in it. Most of them are all caffein based anyway. If you dont train on a specific day then cut out the last meal and one fruit. For the ladies, cut down on the portions, keep them small and frequent. Also cut out 1 fruit and the last meal. Good luck and dont quit early.

Notes:

• It takes +/- 1 week for your body to get used to split food groups. Splitting food groups:

- Helps your body absorb more of each meals nutrients faster and more efficiently.

- Will also get rid of excess fluid in the system so you don’t retain unnecessary amounts of water.

- Speeds up your metabolism

• You should do intense training/exercise at least 5 days a week for 1-2hrs a day.
  • You can fry foods in a frying pan but can only use Spray and Cook Olive Oil, “Light” olive oil or grapeseed oil.
  • Meals can be more than 2 hours apart but no less than 1.5 hours apart.
  • Fruit can only be eaten in between meals and 1 hour apart from a main meal
  • Portions may be varied according to your energy levels. If your energy levels are low then add another carb meal or increase the carb portion.
  • If you don not exercise for more than a day then cut back your carb portions. If you need to carbo load before a race day then simply increase your carb portions and also add a carb meal in at night if absolutely necessary. Racing on this diet is very hard so rather do it in the off season.
  • Flavoured balsamic vinegars may be used on salads and vegetables.
  • Season as much as you like- salt, pepper, herbs, spices.
  • Coffee or tea should be drunk with honey or sweetener
  • Eat as many vegetables as you like except avo’s.
  • Binge once a week. Binging actually gives your body a shock and speeds the metabolism up a little more. Don’t feel guilty, one good binge meal will not hamper your progress. Burgers, pizza, fries, whatever you want.
  • If your blood sugar levels drop then eat rice cakes with diabetic jam.
  • Aminos are taken with proteins and vitamin B is taken with carbs.
  • I find that Aminolique is sufficient for your daily amino intake or you can take minamino.
  • A normal multivitamin and b-complex will suffice.
  • Try to also take magnesium, vit C, calcium and zinc tablets.
  • No bread except for rye bread and no pasta. These could be part of your once a week binge.
  • If you crave sugar then tea or coffee with sweetener will help.
  • You should try and stick with this diet for at least 6 weeks at a time.

Note: if you cycle at 5:00 in the morning then eat your breakfast at 4:00 or 4:30am, your next meal will then be at 9:00am after your cycle.

7:00am Breakfast

- One cup oats (uncooked) or 2 cups (cooked), fruit, honey (alternate with 2 cups Special K or even 1 cup Pro Nutro or Smart Food) (Non Fat milk)

- Protein shake optional (no carbs in shake)

- Vitamin B Complex

10:00am Mid Morn

- 2 slices cold meat (no fat)

- Small salad or steamed vegetables

- Amino acids

11:00am- Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

1:00pm Lunch

- Lentils or kidney beans or both (1 cup cooked- you can buy these in a tin from the supermarket if you want- brine only please not an oil base) (alternate every other day with potato or sweet potato (1 x large) or rice (1 cup cooked))

- Vit B complex

2:00pm Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

3:00pm Mid afternoon

- Carb free protein Shake

or

- Small tub non fat plain yogurt with honey or sweetener

Note: If you train at 5:00 or 6:00pm then have another carb meal 1 hour before at 4:00pm. Carb meal to be 1 to 2 small slices of rye bread with honey or diabetic jam.

5:00pm Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

7-8:00pm Dinner

- Meat, chicken or fish (grilled or dry fried with spray and cook olive oil)

- Vegetables

- Aminos

9-10:00pm Late night

- Carb free protein shake

- Aminos, if there are no amino’s in your protein shake

This diet will make u slower. Too little carbs in it.

100% thats why it says increase the carbs in the notes and dont do the diet if you are racing. I ate 2 times more carbs than are in this diet. This is a diet for overweight people who are serious about losing weight. Not for racing snakes looking to shed a kilo or two. If you want to shed a kilo or two then there are 2 simple tricks anyone can do: 1. Eat soup (any soup you want) for dinner instead of a big heavy meal and you can have dry toast with it. or 2. Cut out all carbs after lunch time. Simple as that.

Here is the diet I mentioned earlier in this thread. Please note that it does not work if you dont do intense exercise at least 5 days a week for 1-3 hrs. Take any diet supplement you want on this except one with calories in it. Most of them are all caffein based anyway. If you dont train on a specific day then cut out the last meal and one fruit. For the ladies, cut down on the portions, keep them small and frequent. Also cut out 1 fruit and the last meal. Good luck and dont quit early.

Notes:

• It takes +/- 1 week for your body to get used to split food groups. Splitting food groups:

- Helps your body absorb more of each meals nutrients faster and more efficiently.

- Will also get rid of excess fluid in the system so you don’t retain unnecessary amounts of water.

- Speeds up your metabolism

• You should do intense training/exercise at least 5 days a week for 1-2hrs a day.

• You can fry foods in a frying pan but can only use Spray and Cook Olive Oil, “Light” olive oil or grapeseed oil.

• Meals can be more than 2 hours apart but no less than 1.5 hours apart.

• Fruit can only be eaten in between meals and 1 hour apart from a main meal

• Portions may be varied according to your energy levels. If your energy levels are low then add another carb meal or increase the carb portion.

• If you don not exercise for more than a day then cut back your carb portions. If you need to carbo load before a race day then simply increase your carb portions and also add a carb meal in at night if absolutely necessary. Racing on this diet is very hard so rather do it in the off season.

• Flavoured balsamic vinegars may be used on salads and vegetables.

• Season as much as you like- salt, pepper, herbs, spices.

• Coffee or tea should be drunk with honey or sweetener

• Eat as many vegetables as you like except avo’s.

• Binge once a week. Binging actually gives your body a shock and speeds the metabolism up a little more. Don’t feel guilty, one good binge meal will not hamper your progress. Burgers, pizza, fries, whatever you want.

• If your blood sugar levels drop then eat rice cakes with diabetic jam.

• Aminos are taken with proteins and vitamin B is taken with carbs.

• I find that Aminolique is sufficient for your daily amino intake or you can take minamino.

• A normal multivitamin and b-complex will suffice.

• Try to also take magnesium, vit C, calcium and zinc tablets.

• No bread except for rye bread and no pasta. These could be part of your once a week binge.

• If you crave sugar then tea or coffee with sweetener will help.

• You should try and stick with this diet for at least 6 weeks at a time.

Note: if you cycle at 5:00 in the morning then eat your breakfast at 4:00 or 4:30am, your next meal will then be at 9:00am after your cycle.

7:00am Breakfast

- One cup oats (uncooked) or 2 cups (cooked), fruit, honey (alternate with 2 cups Special K or even 1 cup Pro Nutro or Smart Food) (Non Fat milk)

- Protein shake optional (no carbs in shake)

- Vitamin B Complex

10:00am Mid Morn

- 2 slices cold meat (no fat)

- Small salad or steamed vegetables

- Amino acids

11:00am- Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

1:00pm Lunch

- Lentils or kidney beans or both (1 cup cooked- you can buy these in a tin from the supermarket if you want- brine only please not an oil base) (alternate every other day with potato or sweet potato (1 x large) or rice (1 cup cooked))

- Vit B complex

2:00pm Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

3:00pm Mid afternoon

- Carb free protein Shake

or

- Small tub non fat plain yogurt with honey or sweetener

Note: If you train at 5:00 or 6:00pm then have another carb meal 1 hour before at 4:00pm. Carb meal to be 1 to 2 small slices of rye bread with honey or diabetic jam.

5:00pm Fruit- apple, pear, peach, orange, nartjie (1 piece)

7-8:00pm Dinner

- Meat, chicken or fish (grilled or dry fried with spray and cook olive oil)

- Vegetables

- Aminos

9-10:00pm Late night

- Carb free protein shake

- Aminos, if there are no amino’s in your protein shake

thanks