A green light does not mean it is safe to go. Be careful out there!

Spinnekop

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fokkit that is scary. As Cap says - how many have forgotten, how quickly.

that pinetown accident forced me to reconsider how i enter intersections. scary as **** the thought of being t-boned by what is essentially a freight train. *shudder*

I am still trying to work out how the driver of the car survived that. He is one very lucky guy.

I am learning how to drive a heavy truck. let me tell you, it is easy to let the truck run away with you if you are not carefull. conservative driving is key.

This was plain negligent and reckless driving by the truck driver.

My wife was almost involved in such an accident. It was only the Audi's excellent brakes that saved her that day. Me, as an ex motorbike rider, I never enter an intersection before checking, even if it has been green for a while. There are just some things you do automatically on the road once you have been on 2 wheels.

Edited by Moridin

fark me, how quick is that tow-truck on the scene?

One of the most notorious intersections in Pretoria......Fountains Circle. Those towtruck operators actually have a spot (less than 100m away) where they stop/rest/eat/sleep/wait because they know it is only a matter of time before something happens.

The circle itself has been upgraded before the soccer world cup with some nice rock and brick wall structures.......it now looks like ruins from all the accidents and trucks driving into them.

Possible solution to the problem......reverse the traffic flow around the circle (iow opposite direction of current flow)......but that will be higher grade work for some drivers......FAIL

My wife was almost involved in such an accident. It was only the Audi's excellent brakes that saved her that day. Me, as an ex motorbike rider, I never enter an intersection before checking, even if it has been green for a while. There are just some things you do automatically on the road once you have been on 2 wheels.

I couldnt agree more.

Once you ride on two wheels and are generally at the front of all intersections, you have a front row seat to all rules getting blatently ignored.

Green for me doesnt mean go, it means look left and right to make sure nothing is coming still.

I am still trying to work out how the driver of the car survived that. He is one very lucky guy.

Looks like the other truck took the brunt of the impact - merc may have been on the other side of the truck, or just in front of it when it was hit

These truck drivers are blatantly ignoring road safety. Uneducated priks.... I get very angry at drivers who put other peoples lives at risk with there death missile!

I think you should share these videos with Coca Cola on social media and let them go viral. These could be really damaging to a major corporate.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the coke truck driver got pissed off at the bus that cut him off coming up to the circle. As the bus passes him it almost clips his cab. So he gets pissed and tries to cut the bus off in the same way- only problem - circle and red lights ahead. Remember these clever drivers only look as far as the car in front of them when they drive. No forward thinking and anticipation.