Need a cheap Mountain bike

Karin

My 16 yo son recently lost his MTB. He is desperately looking for a new one and was promised a good deal for R5 000. He has saved, sold and begged and now has R5000 but the promised bike never materialized. Should've know the offer was too good to be true.

He is a VERY keen mountainbiker and needs to ride. He is quite tall and stocky and will need a large and not a dainty bike. Unfortunately I do not have any extra money to put towards the bicycle. Does anyone know of or have a second hand bicycle we can have for R5 000?

He is very serious about cycling and even has aspiration to go pro after school.

post-40088-0-68607400-1397725781_thumb.jpg

post-40088-0-68607400-1397725781_thumb.jpg

post-40088-0-18383300-1397725767_thumb.jpg

There's a Scott Scale 30 in the classifieds on the HUB with LX parts for R5500 - great buy...

A medium Scott is too small for him, we have tried. Pity...

I have a friend thats selling his 2010 silverback phoenix for 4000, slx/deore.

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately none of the bikes in the classifieds were suitable, either too small, too far or not strong enough (my child is build like a 1st team Rugby lock instead of a cyclist - and growing). The good guys at Cycle Lab worked out something for us and he should be getting his new bicycle by the middle of this week!

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately none of the bikes in the classifieds were suitable, either too small, too far or not strong enough (my child is build like a 1st team Rugby lock instead of a cyclist - and growing). The good guys at Cycle Lab worked out something for us and he should be getting his new bicycle by the middle of this week!

Glad to hear.

What's he getting?

A Scott Scale 960 and a weekend/holiday job to make up the difference between the R5k he has and what we need to pay for the bike!!! He's very excited.

The guys at the shop knows him quite well and has trained with him and agreed that he cannot get onto a entry level bicycle.

Magalies Monster here we come!! It's his 3rd and last of the short route. Next year he's 17 and then he wants to pack the "real" Monster.

Guest Karma

A Scott Scale 960 and a weekend/holiday job to make up the difference between the R5k he has and what we need to pay for the bike!!! He's very excited.

The guys at the shop knows him quite well and has trained with him and agreed that he cannot get onto a entry level bicycle.

Magalies Monster here we come!! It's his 3rd and last of the short route. Next year he's 17 and then he wants to pack the "real" Monster.

I really like this. Work for what he wants. Good job and well done to Cycle Lab as well.