What is the lightest full suspension MTB

Gravity Sucks

Hi all, would like to know what are the lightest mtb bikes out there in the R50k - R70k range.

Bike to be used for Marathon riding.... full suspension.

Edited by Gravity Sucks

At last year's expo the R65k Momsen Vipa was close to half a kilogram lighter than the R120k Scalpel

:eek:

At last year's expo the R65k Momsen Vipa was close to half a kilogram lighter than the R120k Scalpel

Same spec on the 2 bikes?

2014 Momsen Vipa with XT spec 11.19kg (large excl pedals) for 51k- according to momsen's website

Edited by Pooyan

2014 Momsen Vipa with XT spec 11.19kg (large excl pedals) for 51k- according to momsen's website

Change to XX1 / X01 and a lighter cockpit and wheels, and BAM you're sub 10. Maybe even sub 9.5

Saw an article recently on a VIPA coming in at 9.8kg. Had the new Valour carbon wheels, would imagine cost to be around R85K.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Hmmmm...... I saw a Large Vipa that was 12.25kg.... (Xt , arch ex, hope evo2, Look pedals, Kashima fox fork)