Best entry to mid level dual suspension MTB?

Gringo

Hi Guys,

Looking to go the dual suspension route.

What is the best bike with regards to performance, weight, components etc.

Budget: R17,000 - R 23,000

Riding: Normal outrides (some tech, open stuff)

Thanks

Yeah, bro. It's a SOLID build. Only thing I'd change on there is put a dropper, and fit better tyres.

EDIT: Oh - and get a Pike :)

Think you just blew the budget with your edit. Tread magazine gave an indicative cost for the Pike at R12 500. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Think you just blew the budget with your edit. Tread magazine gave an indicative cost for the Pike at R12 500. :eek: :eek: :eek:

yeah, I know. It's scary expensive. Can't say that I could justify it over my Lyrik, which cost just R 5,500

Without a doubt, the Giant Trance 2 650b. 22k or thereabouts, and the most complete build you'll find for the best price.

+1000, awesome bikes.

Yeah, bro. It's a SOLID build. Only thing I'd change on there is put a dropper, and fit better tyres.

EDIT: Oh - and get a Pike :)

Wheels? Edited by Pusher

Wheels?

They're actually pretty darn strong, the new versions. Only thing against them is that they're a bit on the porky side, but the days of Giants being shod with below average Alex wheelsets is gone. They're now DT swiss options (afaik) and I'd ride them. They certainly wouldn't be the first thing I'd upgrade. They'd be the 4th.

Dropper

Tires

Fork

Wheels.

Although the Giant is a proper deal, If I was to buy a bike now at that budget, ill build one up myself, search all over for sweet parts...

Ive got something deep inside of me against off-the-shelf bikes (probably the same thing that makes me hate Spez)

Although the Giant is a proper deal, If I was to buy a bike now at that budget, ill build one up myself, search all over for sweet parts...

Ive got something deep inside of me against off-the-shelf bikes (probably the same thing that makes me hate Spez)

LOL. 100% bro. I love building my bike up to get her JUST how I want her...