MyCiti bus driver disciplinary

The_Real_Jacko

I don't really post here as I'm a bit busy for forums in general, but I thought I'd share my experience since I cycle a bit.

I use the cycle lane coming into town from Sunset Beach now and then to commute. About two weeks ago a MyCiti bus almost klapped me at one of those pedestrian/cycle crossings in the Woodstock area - and proceeded to jump the stop street about 30m further.

If I hadn't been motorcycling for more than two decades I'd have been a corpse - it teaches you to assume the most dangerous outcome wrt other road users. In my experience the MyCiti drivers are not a lot better than minibustaxi pilots.

I followed him, took a photograph of his reg no and his face when he was stationary at the traffic lights where they rejoin prior to civic centre. I then contacted City of CT via Twitter and the long and the short is I'm sitting in on his disciplinary next Monday. K*k gaan hy k*k.

Their response has been very positive.

I will let you know what transpired.

One angry commuter.

I don't really post here as I'm a bit busy for forums in general, but I thought I'd share my experience since I cycle a bit.

I use the cycle lane coming into town from Sunset Beach now and then to commute. About two weeks ago a MyCiti bus almost klapped me at one of those pedestrian/cycle crossings in the Woodstock area - and proceeded to jump the stop street about 30m further.

If I hadn't been motorcycling for more than two decades I'd have been a corpse - it teaches you to assume the most dangerous outcome wrt other road users. In my experience the MyCiti drivers are not a lot better than minibustaxi pilots.

I followed him, took a photograph of his reg no and his face when he was stationary at the traffic lights where they rejoin prior to civic centre. I then contacted City of CT via Twitter and the long and the short is I'm sitting in on his disciplinary next Monday. K*k gaan hy k*k.

One angry commuter.

GOOD FOR YOU HOLDING THE "VIOLENT CAPETONIANS" AT BAY

Thank you sir, I, too, witness many a sloppy, impatient driver while commuting.

Please keep us posted

Was this by the pedestrian crossing where the cycle path ends and you have to cross over? Or before that?

Be nice if the driver gets to feel some pain for his actions , not just a "bad boy don't do it again" fairy tinkle on the wrist.

One angry commuter.

You'd find it amusing that Rea Vaya bus drivers in Joburg ARE ex-taxi drivers...in addition, I believe the City of Jhb GAVE the taxi owners a substantial stake in the taxpayer-funded bus service...ho hum :thumbdown:

One angry commuter.

Nice, nail em..... the driver represents the company so give them a hard time too for employing drivers that are no good.

Should be fired, no second chances....

howzit squire :thumbup:

Was this by the pedestrian crossing where the cycle path ends and you have to cross over? Or before that?

It's the last pedestrian/cycle crossing where you cross the red bus lane, just before it ends and joins the tar. The cycle lane then continues on the right of the road and splits in two and continues through the trees before you cross the road to go under the bridge.

Edited by The_Real_Jacko

Nice, nail em..... the driver represents the company so give them a hard time too for employing drivers that are no good.

Should be fired, no second chances....

howzit squire :thumbup:

And a good day to you too, Sir!

And please, don't be a Kilroy okay? :devil:

One angry commuter.

you're lucky that you get to sit in on the hearing.

When a GABS bus almost clipped me on Somerset Rd a couple of months ago and I pursued the matter, I was told that the outcome of the hearing is confidential as per union rules.

A bit of a lame duck excuse since one has no idea whether the driver will even be disciplined.

I was promised a phone call to at least tell me that the hearing had been completed, but I am still waiting.

Big talk , no action by GABS.

I hope you contribute to the driver getting the sack! No second chances for people like him.

I find that the pedestrian crossings are useless - with my commuting, I have find that very few Miciti bus drivers yield (despite the road markings) when you are crossing over the road from just under the bridge!

One angry commuter.

http://images.sportsverige.com/files/8902864_original.jpg

you're lucky that you get to sit in on the hearing.

When a GABS bus almost clipped me on Somerset Rd a couple of months ago and I pursued the matter, I was told that the outcome of the hearing is confidential as per union rules.

A bit of a lame duck excuse since one has no idea whether the driver will even be disciplined.

I was promised a phone call to at least tell me that the hearing had been completed, but I am still waiting.

Big talk , no action by GABS.

I hope you contribute to the driver getting the sack! No second chances for people like him.

Typical of them, they dont do nothing about their drivers. I had an experienve a while back and even the police couldnt help further

City of Cape Town is obviously more jacked than GA.

Here's a part of an e-mail I received:

Dear XXX

Thank you for reporting this unfortunate incident to us and please accept my apologies on behalf of the City of Cape Town, well as the Vehicle Operating Company, Kidrogen.

The Driver has been identified and as this transgression is being viewed as a serious incident by the City as well as the Operator, disciplinary action will be taken against the Driver. The Operator has requested your willingness to participate in the disciplinary action. Will you please be so kind to indicate if you will be available and provide Mr XXXXXX with a contact number where he can get hold of you; or to discuss the process forward.

Kind regards

Kobus Swanepoel

Customer Relations Management (CRM)

Transport Information Centre