Jonkershoek Closure

trailmansam

Have you even read this thread? This is one of the reasons why I don't do Jonkershoek.

what does a poser look like? and what does he do?

are they only riding in Jonkers and not on Coetzenburg / G spot / Bottelary?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does a poser look like? and what does he do?

are they only riding in Jonkers and not on Coetzenburg / G spot / Bottelary?

Cassie. Yip, same question from me. Why not start a new thread? Would no doubt make for interesting reading. ;-)

Edited by Off_da_brakes

well done Behan and team in attempting to at least maintain what are arguably some of the best trails in SA. The financial cost, time and initiative taken by Specialized to attempt to improve the trails should be applauded and not ridiculed by armchair critics who maybe should volunteer their services and assist in finding a solution!

I wish you all the best in your attempts to amicably resolve the conflict speedily in lieu of the bigger picture which is to ensure that we have world class venues to ride suitable for the whole family on our doorstep.

This goal is far bigger than ultimately petty brand arguments and banal comments from the public.

It would be travesty for Jonkershoek to close to the majority of riders who just want to ride and are willing to pay for the privilege!

All the best in your endeavours!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread.

A club would be a good move as long as 95% of the money went into trail maintenance and the remainder disseminating information more effectively than sifting through threads like this one ;)

well done Behan and team in attempting to at least maintain what are arguably some of the best trails in SA. The financial cost, time and initiative taken by Specialized to attempt to improve the trails should be applauded and not ridiculed by armchair critics who maybe should volunteer their services and assist in finding a solution!

I wish you all the best in your attempts to amicably resolve the conflict speedily in lieu of the bigger picture which is to ensure that we have world class venues to ride suitable for the whole family on our doorstep.

This goal is far bigger than ultimately petty brand arguments and banal comments from the public.

It would be travesty for Jonkershoek to close to the majority of riders who just want to ride and are willing to pay for the privilege!

All the best in your endeavours!

I think everyone is grateful for what has been done, but it's the "petty brand arguments" that resulted in the threat in the original post.

If a group such as TokaiMTB is formed and opportunities to volunteer services/build trails/etc. is communicated, then I'm sure you'll get the desired effect.

The first time I've heard of Trail Maintenance Movement (TMM) was in the first post of this thread.

Financially who is one supposed donate funds to? and how?

Hey did anyone taken the Scott guy up on his 'email me for our side of the story' post? If you did, post it up here....

Hey did anyone taken the Scott guy up on his 'email me for our side of the story' post? If you did, post it up here....

Didn't bother. Its clear that they have no side to tell because all they did was erect a sign to sponge off others trail building efforts. At least the coffee shops poor service aligns well with their own after sales support model in SA.

Didn't bother. Its clear that they have no side to tell because all they did was erect a sign to sponge off others trail building efforts. At least the coffee shops poor service aligns well with their own after sales support model in SA.

Not Scottish are you? :ph34r: Myself, I'm tall, actually I'm a giant, who doesn't specialize in anything except going into a bit of a trance when I'm riding at litespeed! ;)

Has the coffee shop got a proper coffee machine, which grinds the beans into a wonderful expresso with all the essential oils and minerals squeezed out of the coffee beans, left floating on the top in a typical European fashion (very important in the coffee brewing process - time/temperature/presentation, etc).

Or does the coffee shop serve the bulk standard dull and boring black tasteless coffee, so often associated with coffee shops

Has the coffee shop got a proper coffee machine, which grinds the beans into a wonderful expresso with all the essential oils and minerals squeezed out of the coffee beans, left floating on the top in a typical European fashion (very important in the coffee brewing process - time/temperature/presentation, etc).

Or does the coffee shop serve the bulk standard dull and boring black tasteless coffee, so often associated with coffee shops

They probably plant and roast the beans before every cup as well. It takes them that long to bring you a cup after you've managed to flag down a waitress.

• 2 weeks later...

There are Specialized logos on the downhill boards for obvious reasons............. other brands of bikes might not make it to the bottom in one piece... :devil: ugh...ugh...scott...ugh....ugh

I don't know which is better at Ride In, the food, the vibe or the amazing coffee. And, if the pro's hang out there, ..........I rest my case :thumbup:

There are Specialized logos on the downhill boards for obvious reasons............. other brands of bikes might not make it to the bottom in one piece... :devil: ugh...ugh...scott...ugh....ugh

I don't know which is better at Ride In, the food, the vibe or the amazing coffee. And, if the pro's hang out there, ..........I rest my case :thumbup:

I am addicted to the bacon, avo and egg bagels at ride in. So much so, that we have ridden jonkers every weekend and eaten at ride in for the last 3 weeks. Guess where I am rding this weekend. :whistling:

I ride from home and after dodging all the moegoes who want to steal my ride on the way, a frostie, the burger, a cappucino and a slice of orange & almond cake fills the gap..... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Great - some seriously nice work been done on Canaries

Bit wet today - watch the front wheel on the sandstone rocks.