Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to see your air filter..

:clap:

Ha ha yeah, I have 5, I change every 500kms or even less if I been rondlooping in the Karoo

Mix of standard foamies with K &N oil and DNA washable.

Will see if I can fine a pic somewhere.

attachicon.gifF0C95E20-A95F-4822-BF8A-397F2CEC908B.jpegattachicon.gifABD303E0-CED5-4C34-AF62-25F5EAD4AB98.jpegattachicon.gifF9A51B67-E947-4930-BA2E-62D8A2B3CAF0.jpeg

I need to repair a crack in the KLR’s radiator, so with time on my hands,I thought a deep clean woud be good for the machine. Bloody hell this dust gets everywhere! Mostly Karoo dirt.

Started a similar process with my GS last week, it's a freaking mess once you start unwrapping.

Didn't have the propper size hex key's to go all the way though. I've got to admit I was relieved by this at the time.

Now I hear I've been granted another two weeks to get the right tool and finish the job.

Did a quick shop run again this afternoon with the GS, was absolutely great getting out on two wheels. [emoji1690]

Even picked up a dice at a robot with a laaitie in a Ford Fiesta ST, the F800GS surprised me and the laaitie....[emoji16]

Did a quick shop run again this afternoon with the GS, was absolutely great getting out on two wheels. [emoji1690]

Even picked up a dice at a robot with a laaitie in a Ford Fiesta ST, the F800GS surprised me and the laaitie....[emoji16]

I nipped out yesterday on the old ‘83 CB750 on a pharmacy run. Felt a little guilty about enjoying it, but after a little sit down, that moment disappeared!

I will use my bikes more to shop over this extended lockdown. At least Sedgies is equidistant ro George if I cant find what I need in Wilderness. I was doing a shop once a week to try and stay in, but I believe if I follow the guidelines and use my mask etc, I will be fine. I have been told it is careless in case I crash.....well, I could also fall off my step ladder while trimimg trees , or fall off the carport roof while checking out the stars as part of my educational enrichment!!

So......

What are you guys doing regarding your bikes to pass the time during Lockdown.

My projects include:

KLR650 remove radiator to repair a crack.

Became more than that with a deep clean and addressing the small rust spots.

FZR1000 replace chain bumper guide on swingarm.....gonna be a right mission, rear wheel off and suspension and swing arm out. Recently did a full front brake overhaul as well as a clutch hydraulic system overall. So, should be worth it.

KTM1190 install spot lights......well, I removed the faring plastics, and gave up ha ha, too hard to get the bloody great tank off for the wiring. Spots are now donated to the KLR which is in pieces already! At least the Orange Beast had a good clean under the plastics!

Big Zed the ZRX is all good, sleeping peacefully under the covers with the umbilical on to the battery monitor, now that the coolant leak is fixed.

Ancient CB750....mmmmmm,leaking oil from the boody sump plug, arrrggghhhhh. Seems I need to drain that and soften up that damn washer! Still, sleeping under the covers, umbilical on!

Even more ancient CB400Four (45 this year) happily chilling in my study as the Missus felt the need to have a bloody great tidy up in the house and the little CB was banished from the lounge!

Edited by Spokey

So......

What are you guys doing regarding your bikes to pass the time during Lockdown.

My projects include:

KLR650 remove radiator to repair a crack.

Became more than that with a deep clean and addressing the small rust spots.

FZR1000 replace chain bumper guide on swingarm.....gonna be a right mission, rear wheel off and suspension and swing arm out. Recently did a full front brake overhaul as well as a clutch hydraulic system overall. So, should be worth it.

KTM1190 install spot lights......well, I removed the faring plastics, and gave up ha ha, too hard to get the bloody great tank off for the wiring. Spots are now donated to the KLR which is in pieces already! At least the Orange Beast had a good clean under the plastics!

Big Zed the ZRX is all good, sleeping peacefully under the covers with the umbilical on to the battery monitor, now that the coolant leak is fixed.

Ancient CB750....mmmmmm,leaking oil from the boody sump plug, arrrggghhhhh. Seems I need to drain that and soften up that damn washer! Still, sleeping under the covers, umbilical on!

Even more ancient CB400Four (45 this year) happily chilling in my study as the Missus felt the need to have a bloody great tidy up in the house and the little CB was banished from the lounge!

That's a lot to do, are you sure you're going to have enough time for everything? [emoji6]

My DR and SRAD will probably not be receiving any attention during this period.

The GS is still up for a deep clean(how deep is still unknown though) and I want to remove the exhaust to clean it up, there's service rust all over.

That's a lot to do, are you sure you're going to have enough time for everything? [emoji6]

I simply can’t work from home as my work is currently parkedup in UAE........yup, I have time.

I need to fit in studying for my sim recurrent which has been postponed..........funny, the studying has been similarly postponed!

Had to go out for some essentials again today. Took the long way.[emoji16]09d68e6a0983c89de5a813ebca443c3b.jpg

See if you can get hold of the Long way Round and Long way Down DVD's. 2 Awesome adventure stories oor BMW trips. Edited by BSG

See if you can get hold of the Long way Round and Long way Down DVD's. 2 Awesome adventure stories oor BMW trips.

Now that is good lockdown viewing [emoji1303]

See if you can get hold of the Long way Round and Long way Down DVD's. 2 Awesome adventure stories oor BMW trips.

Dit is beslis n goeie idee Bennie, ek het dit al gedeeltelik gekyk maar nou is n goeie tyd om dit klaar te kyk.[emoji106]

Terloops het ek die in my boekrak, maar met n woelige 8 jarige enkel kind in lockdown is daar nie tyd vir lees nie.[emoji2357]87f098a0643e9d087260f471e27765c0.jpg