Guest EdEdEd

19 hours ago, Andrew_Smith said:

Saw it over on the Wild Dog Forum:

https://www.ktm.com/en-fi/brabus-1300-r.html

spacer.png

This will be interesting.

17 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

51k euro… damn it is sweet though 

Hmm, I think some journo's originally thought this was the Husqvarna Vitpilen 1301 concept.

image.png.e663819ddcc3b2be9d249200abd3b540.png

That said, the headlight does resemble one of the pilens. The point features of the tail are definitely very KTM though.

This guy created what he thought the Husky 1301 could look like. Pretty impressive skills (and personally I think the end result looks better than the Brabus).

https://www.behance.net/gallery/102958497/Husqvarna-1301-Vitpilen-The-Icy-Twin

image.png.108d6ba1f78c392d9aaa8d1c07e5bd66.png

image.png.f84decae26a91c12fb10bf333d32c53e.png

image.png.7f3a6b9dc979e5b65e4179522893a7ca.png

But yeah, 51,000EU for the Brabus is insane, even if numbers are limited to 154. Wonder if Husky will progress with a counterpart?!

Edited by patches

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, patches said:

Hmm, I think some journo's originally thought this was the Husqvarna Vitpilen 1301 concept.

image.png.e663819ddcc3b2be9d249200abd3b540.png

That said, the headlight does resemble one of the pilens. The point features of the tail are definitely very KTM though.

This guy created what he thought the Husky 1301 could look like. Pretty impressive skills (and personally I think the end result looks better than the Brabus).

https://www.behance.net/gallery/102958497/Husqvarna-1301-Vitpilen-The-Icy-Twin

image.png.108d6ba1f78c392d9aaa8d1c07e5bd66.png

image.png.f84decae26a91c12fb10bf333d32c53e.png

image.png.7f3a6b9dc979e5b65e4179522893a7ca.png

But yeah, 51,000EU for the Brabus is insane, even if numbers are limited to 154. Wonder if Husky will progress with a counterpart?!

That Brabus is Fugly, and yes that is with an all caps F-word. Again, just my opinion......

13 hours ago, BenReaper said:

Awesome, I don't know if this is at the same spot, or if it might interest you, but someone shared this with me today.

Haven't been to a motorcycle rally in over 10 years as I've outgrown that lifestyle somewhat, but was actually considering this as it's a CMA event, so should be a lekker kuier without the usual rowdiness of a typical rally. And I saw its under 12 free so would make great moto camping weekend trip with my boy.

Just a thought, use it don't use it. 

IMG-20220215-WA0067.jpg

I loved rallies, then kinda got tired of them then started going to by invite only rallies and then loved rallies again. 

Not been on a kick ass rally in 5 years, gotta fix that. In the summer. But rallies are way more subdued here.. CMA dudes are cool, it’s relaxed and chilled affair. Kid friendly. Go for it. 

2 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

I loved rallies, then kinda got tired of them then started going to by invite only rallies and then loved rallies again. 

Not been on a kick ass rally in 5 years, gotta fix that. In the summer. But rallies are way more subdued here.. CMA dudes are cool, it’s relaxed and chilled affair. Kid friendly. Go for it. 

So I have been looking at events being posted, and am curious RE a rally or event.

Just what can one expect to find at these events, and I am not sure they are for me from what I "think they are", yet still need to try out one or two to know for sure.

Just now, Hairy said:

So I have been looking at events being posted, and am curious RE a rally or event.

Just what can one expect to find at these events, and I am not sure they are for me from what I "think they are", yet still need to try out one or two to know for sure.

People letting their hair down, loud , raucous, lots of revving of bikes, lots of alcohol consumption and ppl being a little wild…doctors, accountants, apprentices etc etc..

now and again it’s good fun , yang out a bit. But sleep is relatively rare at a rally. The CMA one is peaceful and civilized.  

Buff coming up ain’t it? Load a tent and head on down the highway,,,it’s an eye opener. 

The Buff is cool. If you stay in the campsite it is noisy. Bikes coming and going the whole time. Suzuki's having the crap revved out of them. Last Buffs I did we stayed off the campsite in a B&B. 

For me the ride to the rally is almost better than the rally. Lots of characters on the road and filling stations. We explored Mossel Bay and found some interesting books and crannies.

When I am riding the bike, I don't drink so I am sober when in the campsite. Then drunk people irritate me. Different if we all drunk at the same time 😂. It is however something you need to experience at least once. Not mistaken the Swallows is not long after the Buff and closer to home for you. Apparently also a very nice rally.

10 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Yeah going to see if I can twist the wifes arm. My favorite Rally use to be the Buffalo in Mosselbay. You didn't have to stick to the campsite, you had basically the whole garden route to explore.

I use to frequent the CMA tents in the morning's for coffee, usually received some shaming looks for the state that I'd be in.😆

3 hours ago, WaynejG said:

The Buff is cool. If you stay in the campsite it is noisy. Bikes coming and going the whole time. Suzuki's having the crap revved out of them. Last Buffs I did we stayed off the campsite in a B&B. 

For me the ride to the rally is almost better than the rally. Lots of characters on the road and filling stations. We explored Mossel Bay and found some interesting books and crannies.

When I am riding the bike, I don't drink so I am sober when in the campsite. Then drunk people irritate me. Different if we all drunk at the same time 😂. It is however something you need to experience at least once. Not mistaken the Swallows is not long after the Buff and closer to home for you. Apparently also a very nice rally.

I wouldn't do the Swallows again, that is one of the Rallies that made me loose interest. Every Tom, Dick and Harry who's uncle's cousin has a bike pitches up there, they use to have around 13000 attendees but probably only 4000 motorcycles. 

10 hours ago, Hairy said:

My advice would be not to go full blast rally just yet, rather have a look at the smaller Day Jolls held every other Saturday. 

They are like mini rallies and should give you a taste of what the real deal looks like.

There's nothing worse than getting fed up of an event or the vibe of, and having to pack up and ride 100km home at 9pm on a Saturday evening. 

28 minutes ago, BenReaper said:

My advice would be not to go full blast rally just yet, rather have a look at the smaller Day Jolls held every other Saturday. 

They are like mini rallies and should give you a taste of what the real deal looks like.

There's nothing worse than getting fed up of an event or the vibe of, and having to pack up and ride 100km home at 9pm on a Saturday evening. 

Bonus is doing a night ride, I like riding at night or just before sunrise :P

6 hours ago, Thug said:

When I was living in East London, I joined some mates and went down to the  2005 Buff.

1416354613_Picture006.jpg.ae76821fad4ff635eb95bc6f2c77f660.jpg

Buff_2005_192.jpg.9869d5177bac576797cf6cbf2d78a8ee.jpg

Buff_2005_175.jpg.db6bd7760fa713a7b41405cece20968a.jpg

PE buffs were very cool. Did a few. 

So on account of some upcoming family commitments and needing funding for said commitments I have to thin the heard so to speak.

This girl was really moody towards the end of our last fling, and I just can't deal with moody. I gave her some attention and she gave me lots of attitude and that was the straw that broke the camels back. So I benched her for a little over two years now.

Put the battery on charge earlier this week, only to find it's it's shot, but just enough power to illuminate everything to test where power does reach throughout. 

Struggled get power to the starter and decided not to waste time searching for bad wires. Took out the entire wiring loom and put in my second loom with better success. There was now power to everywhere that needed it and the starter could turn, albeit it very slow on account of the battery. 

Connected some jumper leads from my bakkie and motors turning over. Unfortunately the petrol in the tank has gone bad (smells like paintstripper) so there was no fire.

With the right tools (a new battery, some fresh feul and a can of quickstart) I should be able to get her running over the weekend. 

Screenshot_20220218-070836_Gallery.jpg

Got stuck into it last night and as usual I get carried away and "there's no tomorrow, we finish now!"

So here we arenow. Starts and idles, need a few more fairing bolts and a new battery and to clean and lube the chain then I can take her for a test ride.

(And hopefully she's sold by the end of the month)

20220218_221200.jpg