Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Biked stripped thanks to my good friend giving me a hand and shock dropped off at MP Suspension this morning. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait... Eager to go do a long trip. The bike was surprisingly easy to work on to remove the shock.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 4/25/2022 at 10:32 AM, Andrew_Smith said:

Biked stripped thanks to my good friend giving me a hand and shock dropped off at MP Suspension this morning. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait... Eager to go do a long trip. The bike was surprisingly easy to work on to remove the shock.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's a decent looking bike with quality components. Why are you getting MP to change the valving? 

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

That's a decent looking bike with quality components. Why are you getting MP to change the valving? 

Thanks, I need to work on my off-road skills to fully experience the potential of this bike because it is way more capable than the rider. Need to watch my Chris Birch Say No To Slow videos...

I took it to MP since he last serviced the shock, also it was ordered from them originally since the G650X comes stock with a lumpy air shock. The shock is sadly in a bad condition, leaking oil and not keeping pressure, so a complete overhaul needs to be done.

I presume there is another place other than MP that works on C2P shocks as well?

Yesterday morning was just perfect in CT, so managed to get out for a quick 2hr ride.

The idea was to head out along the coast, stop in H/Bay for coffee and back again.....problem was that when I got to Milnerton, I could not resist the urge to hook off and go ride the back roads of Durbanville.

Stopped at Philadelphia for the first time for an average coffee at https://demallemeul.co.za/ in a rather lovely location and building, before heading back home again.

And this is why I am posting here, the "Old Mamre Road" must be one of Cape Town very worst roads, this thing is terrible ..... especially is you really need to make a wee and your HD does not have much travel, being pounded on a road like that is not a pleasant experience.

Next time I want to try out the https://www.peppertreephiladelphia.co.za/ instead in the hope of them having a decent coffee.

As much fun as it is going along the coast, there is so much more I have not seen in the Boland Area and I am certainly going to point my bike that way on my next ride out.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Yesterday morning was just perfect in CT, so managed to get out for a quick 2hr ride.

The idea was to head out along the coast, stop in H/Bay for coffee and back again.....problem was that when I got to Milnerton, I could not resist the urge to hook off and go ride the back roads of Durbanville.

Stopped at Philadelphia for the first time for an average coffee at https://demallemeul.co.za/ in a rather lovely location and building, before heading back home again.

And this is why I am posting here, the "Old Mamre Road" must be one of Cape Town very worst roads, this thing is terrible ..... especially is you really need to make a wee and your HD does not have much travel, being pounded on a road like that is not a pleasant experience.

Next time I want to try out the https://www.peppertreephiladelphia.co.za/ instead in the hope of them having a decent coffee.

As much fun as it is going along the coast, there is so much more I have not seen in the Boland Area and I am certainly going to point my bike that way on my next ride out.

That road is horrific, it boggles my mind that every year they resurface the same road but we have roads like that, that could do with a resurface.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Hairy said:

Look, I know it is not a Harley, but this bike looks good!

Kinda reminds me of a Britten

Perfect weather in PE today, wife says she needs a bottle of red wine for a brisket she is cooking. I say no problem I will go on the Rocket. Nearest bottle store is 1km from my house. Got there and messaged her I will be a bit longer than planned.

Hoofed is out to JBay quickly and got the wine there and came back home 😁😁😁

Best part was on the way out, a Lexus tried his luck at a robot, he got schooled and then on the way in a youngster in a Civic also tries a robot to robot. Well he got properly schooled.

I think people look at the Rocket and think "just another Harley lookalike" 😁😁

A friends bike featured on Moto  Media. His bicycles get treated in the same way as his motorcycles, all spotless, none standard, all special. 

Skip to the end for the Soundtrack...!

Edit: spelling

Edited by Stretched@Birth

17 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Ok so 20 minute round trip on that beastie?

I pretty much like 1 type of bike. Race replica superbikes. But a Triumph Rocket is a special thing. What possessed them to put that motor into a motorbike is beyond me but I'm glad they did.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

49 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Ok so 20 minute round trip on that beastie?

I pretty much like 1 type of bike. Race replica superbikes. But a Triumph Rocket is a special thing. What possessed them to put that motor into a motorbike is beyond me but I'm glad they did.

A bit longer than 20 minutes. Must add that with the price of petrol and the Rockets fuel consumption at speed, it was a rather expensive bottle of wine 🤣🤣

21 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Perfect weather in PE today, wife says she needs a bottle of red wine for a brisket she is cooking. I say no problem I will go on the Rocket. Nearest bottle store is 1km from my house. Got there and messaged her I will be a bit longer than planned.

Best part was on the way out, a Lexus tried his luck at a robot, he got schooled and then on the way in a youngster in a Civic also tries a robot to robot. Well he got properly schooled.

I think people look at the Rocket and think "just another Harley lookalike" 😁😁

That Rocket must put a wide “smile on the dial” when steaming away from the lights. It is funny how people try it on with a bike. I like when I pull off quickly (not racing) and the car revs like crazy, flies ahead and then is stuck in traffic as I filter up the middle! 
My ZRX 1200 is a great weapon for light to light shenanigans! Not much power any more compared to modern bikes, but boy it is a silky smooth engine.

I do like your style of buying wine in the town down the road…………that is bike ownership, why shop down the road when the next dorpie has shops too!

19 minutes ago, Spokey said:

That Rocket must put a wide “smile on the dial” when steaming away from the lights. It is funny how people try it on with a bike. I like when I pull off quickly (not racing) and the car revs like crazy, flies ahead and then is stuck in traffic as I filter up the middle! 
My ZRX 1200 is a great weapon for light to light shenanigans! Not much power any more compared to modern bikes, but boy it is a silky smooth engine.

I do like your style of buying wine in the town down the road…………that is bike ownership, why shop down the road when the next dorpie has shops too!

The "smile on the dial" is permanent with this bike

I picked up a dice with a convertible BMW the other day. We were both at the front at the robots. I held back and stayed just inline with his door. Next robot is red and he has a big smirk on his face, so we do a rinse repeat when it goes green. Only this time I did not hold back..... 😁🤣🤣

It takes a lot of car to out drag most bikes never mind a Rocket.

2 hours ago, WaynejG said:

The "smile on the dial" is permanent with this bike

I picked up a dice with a convertible BMW the other day. We were both at the front at the robots. I held back and stayed just inline with his door. Next robot is red and he has a big smirk on his face, so we do a rinse repeat when it goes green. Only this time I did not hold back..... 😁🤣🤣

It takes a lot of car to out drag most bikes never mind a Rocket.

please correct me if I am mistaken, but with the Rocket you have no choice but to smile as that power on take off pulls you lips back into a forced smile?

Watching Jet Pilots Train To Withstand G-Forces Is Just Too Intense

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a18922/jet-fighter-pilots-high-g-training/

Edited by Hairy