Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Looks like the old Ducati 750s

Jip was produced to challenge the 900SS.

Was a bit of a flop in that they got the timing and price completely wrong.

They are stonking bikes though with a cult following in the UK and Australia.

Some of the modded bikes are insane!!!!!

You know when you were at school and you and your girlfriend were alone in the bedroom and you knew you shouldn't be doing what you were doing because everyone told you it was wrong and you had your entire life ahead of you and what if something went wrong and think of the consequences and and and.....

But you did it anyway because you couldn't help yourself and it was just soooooooo nice......

Something similar happened to me again a few weeks back......

Let me know when you are finished with that one.... might have to have a short discussion with my wife..... who likes bikes....

I hear you, man. I STILL want one.

Why did it never take off, it wasn't expensive, it was fast.... maybe just undercut by the big 4 and outperformed by the BMW which overlapped the life span.. 

Why did it never take off, it wasn't expensive, it was fast.... maybe just undercut by the big 4 and outperformed by the BMW which overlapped the life span.. 

I really don't know to be honest. I think that the S1000RR played a big role in the (lack of) success of the RC8, launching only a year after the RC8 and pretty much redefining what a 1000cc Superbike is. Furthermore, it wasn't overly successful in racing series (apart from the German Superbike Series) and I don't think they captured the American market at all, which BMW managed to steamroller.

I still think it's a dead sexy bike, and very few things are more awesome than a big twin (hello triple!)

Edit:

I don't know how many times I've watched this video, but it was a lot

Edited by bertusras

I really don't know to be honest. I think that the S1000RR played a big role in the (lack of) success of the RC8, launching only a year after the RC8 and pretty much redefining what a 1000cc Superbike is. Furthermore, it wasn't overly successful in racing series (apart from the German Superbike Series) and I don't think they captured the American market at all, which BMW managed to steamroller.

I still think it's a dead sexy bike, and very few things are more awesome than a big twin (hello triple!)

Edit:

I don't know how many times I've watched this video, but it was a lot

The RC8 did really well in National BOTTs championships though.

Think it had lots of potential that wasn't realized.....

The RC8 did really well in National BOTTs championships though.

Think it had lots of potential that wasn't realized.....

To be honest, in the National BOTTs, it was more about the rider than the bike. The gaps between rider talent was much bigger than say WSBK... 

To be honest, in the National BOTTs, it was more about the rider than the bike. The gaps between rider talent was much bigger than say WSBK... 

Its true, was watching the ZX10 master at Zwartkops on Sunday. First 5 or 6 riders are flying then the last 5 or 6 look like they are on a trackday............

Its true, was watching the ZX10 master at Zwartkops on Sunday. First 5 or 6 riders are flying then the last 5 or 6 look like they are on a trackday............

In a slightly different yet similar vein, do you remember when Bayliss did the 1098R launch, and the lap times he was doing with the bike in full road trim, would have put him on the SuperStock front row that year.

Seems that the 1200GS BMW touring brigade is in the Garden Route at the moment, so many of them packed and enjoying themselves riding past me daily while I'm on my truck while driver is on leave. [emoji5]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes they are, sadly a fatal crash on Outeniqua Pass yesterday, GS down. I was out and about on the ancient CB750, sad to see that.

You know when you were at school and you and your girlfriend were alone in the bedroom and you knew you shouldn't be doing what you were doing because everyone told you it was wrong and you had your entire life ahead of you and what if something went wrong and think of the consequences and and and.....

But you did it anyway because you couldn't help yourself and it was just soooooooo nice......

Something similar happened to me again a few weeks back......

Nice words.......beautiful bike, enjoy it!

Yes they are, sadly a fatal crash on Outeniqua Pass yesterday, GS down. I was out and about on the ancient CB750, sad to see that.

I read about it just now, very sad indeed.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

In a slightly different yet similar vein, do you remember when Bayliss did the 1098R launch, and the lap times he was doing with the bike in full road trim, would have put him on the SuperStock front row that year.

He was a

talent of note, got on well with the customer Ducati he rode in MotoGP too.

The road dukes have always been good, I remember a few years back when Steve Plater (RIP) did a faster lap around Donington than the MotoGP guys of the same year!!!!