Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a 0 missing there?

On Bridgestone BT's i get around 8000 km's too. I am relatively gentle on tyres though.

Nope, soft tyre on a torquey V-Twin. Munched it chop-chop.

The BT56's are hard, need plenty of time to heat up but they aren't bad for normal riding.

I only saw the street triple....... 

I did one session in B group before getting kicked for not having leather pants, there I was blitzed. Nearly crapped myself when a RSV1000R Aprilia came past me.

In the C group, maybe less talented riders, but I was ahead of the others easily.

The Triumph was nice yes, love that triple motor.

I did one session in B group before getting kicked for not having leather pants, there I was blitzed. Nearly crapped myself when a RSV1000R Aprilia came past me.

In the C group, maybe less talented riders, but I was ahead of the others easily.

The Triumph was nice yes, love that triple motor.

While waiting for the rained-out race on Sunday, the producers did a quick insert on the new Moto2 bike. they also ran it a bit on a rolling road and gave it some gas. Did you hear it? Next season's Moto2 will sure sound good, no matter what.

While waiting for the rained-out race on Sunday, the producers did a quick insert on the new Moto2 bike. they also ran it a bit on a rolling road and gave it some gas. Did you hear it? Next season's Moto2 will sure sound good, no matter what.

It is going to improve the racing so much.

The CBR600 engine used is seriously underpowered, but it is reliable at least. The gearbox is terrible apparently. Really agricultural with false neutrals and gears not engaging at times.

Should make for much better racing overall I reckon. MV Augusta back, couple of customer KTM's too in the mix!!!

Nope, soft tyre on a torquey V-Twin. Munched it chop-chop.

The BT56's are hard, need plenty of time to heat up but they aren't bad for normal riding.

I have had a couple of twins and always got way more than 1000 on a tyre, could not afford that.

I get around 15000 on BT021’s on my Yammie 1000, about 3500 on Dunlop 606 on the KLR.

Just put Pirelli Angel ST on the Yam. They acheived 5500 kms in 24 hours at a 214kph average speed under test conditions on a Hayabusa.............I expect a few more kms!!

I have done just 60 kms with them and they do seem a little stickier than the Bridgestones.

I think this Triumph triple is going to be a superb engine!

Edited........errr, spacing.

Edited by Spokey

And here is mine.......

Commuting is not kind to a tire.

Do you use the Mitas in dirt much, if so, do you rate it?

I run knobblies as I do ride a lot of dirt, but I do occasionally have longer periods of tar and that just wastes my knobblies.

I would use my road bikes, but they are working on the roads on the Hoekwil Pass and the road is frequently muddy and dirty..........and then I choose not to ride the old road bikes!

Lucky to have the KLR, I guess.

I am thinking to get a more dual oriented tyre but it must still be good on dirt.

Edited by Spokey

I run knobblies as I do ride a lot of dirt, but I do occasionally have longer periods of tar and that just wastes my knobblies.

I would use my road bikes, but they are working on the roads on the Hoekwil Pass and the road is frequently muddy and dirty..........and then I choose not to ride the old road bikes!

I am thinking to get a more dual oriented tyre but it must still be good on dirt.

A common combo on the singles is the E07 rear with a TKC80 up front. I am using the conti on the front at the moment with a Pirelli Scorpion Rally at the back but using the bike to commute occasionally is eating rubber.... My next rear will be an E07. Heard good reviews except on wet grass. It is deadly on wet grass.

Yes, I believe so. Some reviews.

https://www.meynstream.com/road-test-metzeler-karoo-street/

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/motorcycle-tyres/tested-metzeler-karoo-street-adventure-tyre-review

https://adventuremotorcycle.com/gear/metzeler-karoo-street-tire-review

Edit: I particularly liked this bit:

"which means cornering is once again a peg scraping affair as I found out "

Edited by sawystertrance

I only had them offroad for 20 km. The rest are all tar kms.... I know they are very popular. 

I previously posted about a mate of mine who collects bikes, and has some lovely ex-GP bikes. Can't find the original post, but I did promise some pics of them.

IMG_20180824_161713.jpg

IMG_20180824_161610_HDR.jpgIMG_20180824_161642.jpg

IMG_20180824_161625.jpg

Got to see him on the weekend, and he has some absolutely incredible stuff in his collection. Quite a few Bimota's, MV's, Rickman, and some very rare local bikes.

Edited by GrahamS2

I get around 15000 on BT021’s on my Yammie 1000, about 3500 on Dunlop 606 on the KLR.

Just put Pirelli Angel ST on the Yam. They acheived 5500 kms in 24 hours at a 214kph average speed under test conditions on a Hayabusa.............I expect a few more kms!!

I have done just 60 kms with them and they do seem a little stickier than the Bridgestones.

I ha

ve a Pirelli Angel ST on the front at the moment and it gives zero feel or feedback. Honestly I did just over 120km on track and I have no idea if I was near the limit of its grip or not. Thats not what I want in a tyre.

The rear Michelin, yes I got the bike with these mismatched tyres, gave plenty of feel and you could see it in the use of the tyre and confidence I had getting on the power. Turning in was a horrible experience, no confidence, ran wide many times because I just didn't know if the front would hold.

That being said everybody seems to rave about them, so maybe its just me........