Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Ja that's not good. It happened to a friend of mine in the UK who signed up at Health and Racquet  Club and paid a deposit and membership fee and 3 days later they closed down. Not happy..

Same thing happened to me. Paid the annual membership fee up front and they closed doors a month later. Were taken over by Player's Gym (Basically just changed the signage overnight). Arrived for my workout and was told my membership was not valid. They then requested another membership fee...

I see a lot of businesses that are closing down. Sign of the times I guess. More people are k@king off than we realise....

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened to me. Paid the annual membership fee up front and they closed doors a month later. Were taken over by Player's Gym (Basically just changed the signage overnight). Arrived for my workout and was told my membership was not valid. They then requested another membership fee...

I see a lot of businesses that are closing down. Sign of the times I guess. More people are k@king off than we realise....

I would see that as theft ... by the time they sold you the membership, and took your fees, they would/should have known what was going to happen a month down the road

I would see that as theft ... by the time they sold you the membership, and took your fees, they would/should have known what was going to happen a month down the road

Couldn't agree more. The person at the gym (who incidentally worked for Health and Racket (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose...) the precious week and then worked for Players the following week) basically told me that H&R were closed and this was a new gym now so if you want to train here you need to join... Many expletives were exchanged and I walked out. 

A few months later I was back however but this time I signed a month to month contract. I won't ever get snared into paying for anything like that upfront again.... it left a very bad taste in my mouth. At that time, R1200 was a lot of money to just give away!

Couldn't agree more. The person at the gym (who incidentally worked for Health and Racket (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose...) the precious week and then worked for Players the following week) basically told me that H&R were closed and this was a new gym now so if you want to train here you need to join... Many expletives were exchanged and I walked out. 

A few months later I was back however but this time I signed a month to month contract. I won't ever get snared into paying for anything like that upfront again.... it left a very bad taste in my mouth. At that time, R1200 was a lot of money to just give away!

Even today 1.2k is a lot of money to just give away.

When I just left school, I spent about 2 weeks selling guy memberships, and very quickly figured out it was all just a Kaka setup and "scam" the way the wanted you to approach customers.

Then I needed work, and answered a newspaper advert for a salesman in a sports store. Turns out it was CWC back then, got the job with no cycling knowledge, taught myself lots in the store and fell in love with cycling. I also met a client who eventually advised me on my current career path....and life worked out well for me. I still cycle and I enjoy my work.

Lekker man. 

big buildings or more residential? 

Did you get a motorbike yet?

Architecture + Interiors + Work on my Bicycles :P

Lekker man. 

big buildings or more residential? 

Did you get a motorbike yet?

Been doing lots of high end res the last few years......and some of these have been rather "big" for little homes.

Motorbike .... no, and no hurry at this stage. A few things have to fall into place till I make the move. At least when I do I would have hopefully formed a decent view of what I am after, or not :P

Motorcycles are 90% of the time toys and there is little to no disposable income these days.

On Cayenne, the worst service I have ever received. Not even a hello, walked around for 10mins and walked out. Know of 2 people who returned bikes with faults and fought to get their money back, ended with lawyers.

Their prices are also crazy compared to some of the new start ups like Fire It Up, Mike Bikes, etc......

Just proves again, if you have a bike hold on to it. Once you sell it's tough getting back into it as there will always be a hole to be plugged or something that demands that extra cash. Tough times, and its getting tougher.....

*SNIP*

Just proves again, if you have a bike hold on to it. Once you sell it's tough getting back into it as there will always be a hole to be plugged or something that demands that extra cash. Tough times, and its getting tougher.....

So true. I had a succession of dirt bikes from when I got married up until my first son was born. Sold my KTM 250 EXC to cover medical expenses as well as set up the room etc for my boy. It took another 16 odd years before I was able to get another bike and that was all thanks to a Discovery incentive payout as well as me having to sell my DH bike to raise the funds. I bought a bit of a beater that needed some TLC but you can never put a price to the smile on my dial!

No funds for any weekend trips with the boys but we manage to squeeze in a day trip or two during the year and I use it to commute to work every now and again.

There are more important things at the moment like varsity fees...

Motorcycles are 90% of the time toys and there is little to no disposable income these days.

On Cayenne, the worst service I have ever received. Not even a hello, walked around for 10mins and walked out. Know of 2 people who returned bikes with faults and fought to get their money back, ended with lawyers.

Their prices are also crazy compared to some of the new start ups like Fire It Up, Mike Bikes, etc......

Fire it up was started by a guy involved with Cayenne. Forget his name. Seems to have a decent location and a decent business selling bikes with warranties etc.

So true. I had a succession of dirt bikes from when I got married up until my first son was born. Sold my KTM 250 EXC to cover medical expenses as well as set up the room etc for my boy. It took another 16 odd years before I was able to get another bike and that was all thanks to a Discovery incentive payout as well as me having to sell my DH bike to raise the funds. I bought a bit of a beater that needed some TLC but you can never put a price to the smile on my dial!

No funds for any weekend trips with the boys but we manage to squeeze in a day trip or two during the year and I use it to commute to work every now and again.

There are more important things at the moment like varsity fees...

Agreed, sold my TL1000R to use funds as a deposit for a house and a windfall 6 years later was the only way I got back into it.