Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Its unlike any other bike i have ever ridden before. It is engaging though and it is fun and i guess thats what it is about. An one rides slowly past the shop windows to get a glimpse of just how bad ass one actually is. Also a lot more compact than you would think a harley to be.

She is pretty. Typical Harley rider......looking at oneself's reflection on a ride  :w00t:  :whistling:

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unlike any other bike i have ever ridden before. It is engaging though and it is fun and i guess thats what it is about. An one rides slowly past the shop windows to get a glimpse of just how bad ass one actually is. Also a lot more compact than you would think a harley to be.

So did they manage to get it running or was it towed from where it stood on the side of the road????

Just kidding, niceish bike. Not for me but it's not bad looking.

So did they manage to get it running or was it towed from where it stood on the side of the road????

Just kidding, niceish bike. Not for me but it's not bad looking.

dude ... it is a Harley, not a KTM

She is pretty. Typical Harley rider......looking at oneself's reflection on a ride  :w00t:  :whistling:

Also got a years membership to HOG... 

But seriously, in my whole life i have only been to 2 harley dealerships. Guildford and Reading and both on a saturday. These are places of social gathering. Harley sells a lifestyle. Ppl just go there to hang out. It fulfills a need.  I was talkign to the sales manager and we were shooting the breeze, he has had business dealings in ZA in the past so we got talking about all sorts of stuff. i then casually mention i rarely see harleys on the road. he reckons a lot of guys dont really ever ride them. Mind boggles. 

I ride 12 months a year here. Only time i get scared is for ice and snow. 

I did ride a Livewire. Fastest accelerating bike i have ever ridden, its insanely fast on acceleration. 

Also got a years membership to HOG... 

But seriously, in my whole life i have only been to 2 harley dealerships. Guildford and Reading and both on a saturday. These are places of social gathering. Harley sells a lifestyle. Ppl just go there to hang out. It fulfills a need.  I was talkign to the sales manager and we were shooting the breeze, he has had business dealings in ZA in the past so we got talking about all sorts of stuff. i then casually mention i rarely see harleys on the road. he reckons a lot of guys dont really ever ride them. Mind boggles. 

I ride 12 months a year here. Only time i get scared is for ice and snow. 

I did ride a Livewire. Fastest accelerating bike i have ever ridden, its insanely fast on acceleration. 

Those free coffee's cost so much in chrome, be warned.......

I have said it before, the Livewire intrigues me and if the charging network is good enough and when/if the price ever becomes more reasonable, then I will consider one.

Those free coffee's cost so much in chrome, be warned.......

I have said it before, the Livewire intrigues me and if the charging network is good enough and when/if the price ever becomes more reasonable, then I will consider one.

Its nigh on 30 grand here, to put in perspective a Tesla 3 is around 36k iirc. 

The Livewire has a range of 90 miles. If i commuted on it i would need to charge it every night, its a lil impractical. 

Harley must be applauded for the initiative but perhaps they just a lil ahead of the curve on this. 

After much prevarication between a 2017 Africa Twin and a 2014 XT1200 this machine threw me a curve ball and stole my Randellas! A 2015 1190 by our Orange friends. Will Thursday get some Anakee Wild Tyres and a Remus end can. Buggar it is quick......though not as brutal as Big Zed the ZRX1200 R.

Top speed is ridiculous for an Adventure bike and the various rider modes will take a bit of getting used to. Top box is now removed, as usefull as they are, I don’t like them.attachicon.gif2CEC17DC-59E1-45D2-A609-13D2F97C1196.jpeg

Lekker bike you got there. Moerse upgrade from the KLR, even though that was a lekker bike in its own way.

Many safe kilometers dude.[emoji1690]

Nice!!! Almost baught a 883 Iron myself over the weekend, but like they say if you snooze you loose. Only considered it as it was a great deal.

Probably for the best that I mist it though as I've actually had my sight set on a adventure bike for a long time now.

Speaking of, I'm still a year off from buying something around R100k in the adventure market.

I've not much interest in the GS 1200 or KTM's, although these are the benchmark bike's I'm looking for something cheaper maintenance wise in the long run.

The Super Tenere has been top of my list with the V-Strom trailing shortly behind, and most recently the Honda Crosstourer has caught my attention.

That said I have a itch and can't see myself waiting another year to scratch it. So decided to look for something in the R60k bracket for now. Also keeping in mind whatever I buy will need to do 2up comfortably and at highway speed (neither of which my DR600 is capable of).

This has me now looking at older models like the V-Strom 650 and Transalp 650/700. But I'm leaning pretty hard towards the F800GS as of late.

Edited by BenReaper

I've spoken too a buddy who has owned the F800GS for the past three years and he has nothing but praises for the bike.

I would however like to hear from others aswell who might have some experience with owning these bikes or other options regarding these bikes.

Speaking of, I'm still a year off from buying something around R100k in the adventure market.

I've not much interest in the GS 1200 or KTM's, although these are the benchmark bike's I'm looking for something cheaper maintenance wise in the long run.

The Super Tenere has been top of my list with the V-Strom trailing shortly behind, and most recently the Honda Crosstourer has caught my attention.

That said I have a itch and can't see myself waiting another year to scratch it. So decided to look for something in the R60k bracket for now. Also keeping in mind whatever I buy will need to do 2up comfortably and at highway speed (neither of which my DR600 is capable of).

This has me now looking at older models like the V-Strom 650 and Transalp 650/700. But I'm leaning pretty hard towards the F800GS as of late.

Look at the Triumph Tiger 800XC, I had one and it was an amazing bike.

Can't compare to any of the other in its segment though. I have ridden my dad's DL650, and while it is a great bike, the tiger was much better. But completely different segments too.

Current 8gs owner.

no issues (2013 spec) 

been doing maintenence regularly. Did fork seals a while ago.

I get around 20k on a set of tyres as well as chain and sprockets.

consumption around 20km/l most of my miles are commuting, of which around 40% 2-up

the motor is quite awake for the weight of the bike. But then again, coming from. 650dakar previously, anything is more awake...