Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Was the big start this weekend.  In my stash of spares I have two Bosson systems for DT125LC's - I took the tailpiece of the one and fitted it to the 175.  It might be a bit long but I'll ride it a bit and see - I can always shorten it a bit if it's knocked off too much top-end.

Sounds the business though!

Best part was that at some stage someone must have been running the 125 that it was on either with Castrol R40 or more likely just castor oil in the fuel.  So when I was silver-soldering the bend from the old silencer to the Bosson silencer, the residual oil was burning and making the garage smell like an MX track from the 80's.

Lovely!

post-15215-0-67515800-1612773875_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-26382100-1612773888_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-41004000-1612773898_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you just got your 7th subscriber :)

Could you possibly rig up an old cellphone or secondary camera near to the exhaust on the next clip .... you can use this sound track to overlay on the vid so we can hear the engine sound?

The Duke has arrived at home. No space in the garage so straight into the Living Room........ah, my long suffering Missus. Well, she was the one who welcomed “Bel Rossa” to the Cape after a long delivery from Josie in the back of a van. Buggar, four weeks until I get home!post-52292-0-14875900-1613882170_thumb.jpeg

The Duke has arrived at home. No space in the garage so straight into the Living Room........ah, my long suffering Missus. Well, she was the one who welcomed “Bel Rossa” to the Cape after a long delivery from Josie in the back of a van. Buggar, four weeks until I get home! 1A667B6E-8DEF-4F96-82E4-7264DD74963E.jpeg

Trickle charger on...that is a beautiful bike

Could you possibly rig up an old cellphone or secondary camera near to the exhaust on the next clip .... you can use this sound track to overlay on the vid so we can hear the engine sound?

OK,

Following your "special request" I tried this last night with a ride up Chappies in beautiful early evening light. I connected up a cellphone to an external mic and put it under the rear seat on the exhaust side. 

Results were bad. Way too loud. So loud in fact the sound was completely distorted. I'm going to try again with the same setup but put it in my map pocket in the back of my jacket to see if it's better from there. 

So lots of experimenting required so thanks for the suggestion. Gives me an excuse for plenty of riding and will for sure be an enhancement to any future videos.

Harley launch the pan am tomorrow 1600 gmt. New era for Harley with that new 1250 motor. LC. Harley will be using that motor in many new models I reckon. Including a new sportster range. Harleys existence is closely linked to this motor I reckon.

Harley launch the pan am tomorrow 1600 gmt. New era for Harley with that new 1250 motor. LC. Harley will be using that motor in many new models I reckon. Including a new sportster range. Harleys existence is closely linked to this motor I reckon.

They should have called it the Shovelface  :ph34r: :lol:

Harley-PanAmerica-Adventure-Tourer_India

Edited by patches